Schneider Digital is the Digital arm of one of the most successful companies around the World. We are applying groundbreaking technologies to improve business processes and infrastructure to enhance our competitive advantage in the market.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
We are looking for a new member to become a DevOps engineer to work with the Data Engineering team. The team is expanding, and we are looking for a professional with solid skills, who is energetic, self-motivated, talented and passionate about technology, who can help us grow and optimize our current cloud environment, and pivot into solution design and deployment. We want someone eager to further grow his / her capabilities and being part of an exceptional team that delivers high value.
You will be joining a team of DevOps/Data Engineers responsible of creating solutions for the Cloud environment and supporting the migration of legacy apps and solutions as well as building new ones.
In your Day to Day Activities you will:
- Help construct, manage and maintain the Cloud infrastructure, in AWS using Infrastructure as Code solutions in the likes of Terraform, Cloud Formation and IaC templates. You will ensure it is used in an optimal and reliable way
- Work with containerization Technologies for deployment in the form of Kubernetes
- Bring Architectural design and best practices for Data intensive environments. We want to improve in every step of the way, and you will be a key component to achieve that
- Understand Cost Assessment for DevOps solutions, help us identify potential pitfalls in design and correct them
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems
- Take ownership. You will work in projects with little to no supervision, Administering your time and resources
- 2+Years In DevOps environment, AWS preferred
- Understands and feels comfortable working with AWS and cloud technologies (Redshift, EC2, Glue, Firehose)
- Knowledge in CI/CD and its tools (Jenkins preferred)
- Lives and Breathes CLI.
- Fluent in Business Language. We want you to understand needs and can convert loosely defined objectives into full scale solutions
- Understand and practice security as design
- Ownership. You take responsibility of your project, time and resources and you deliver
- Learns and adapts quickly
- Strong Python & Spark coding skills
- Excellent written and Oral communication Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- AWS/Azure/GCP certification
- Experience designing, building and operating publish-subscribe systems with Kafka, Kinesis, or Event Hubs
- Experience with Data Warehousing solutions like Redshift, Presto, Greenplum
- Knowledge of Data Pipeline building process
- Knowledge in AI ML Pipeline creation and deployment
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Methodology is a Plus
- Databricks is a strong plus
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.