The Engineering Manager is responsible for directing a defined engineering discipline and participating in the design, development and deployment of resources, tools, systems and processes required to fulfill specific customer requirements. The Engineering Manager interfaces with internal and external customers to develop design and functional specifications, resolve engineering issues and contribute to tool development and enhancements within the specific engineering discipline. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for driving engineering efficiencies to drive down costs and improve competitiveness.
- As a manager, will interview, hire, train, mentor, evaluate, and when necessary, terminate engineering personnel.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills including:
- Team leadership of local resources
- Employee mentoring and development,
- Ability to empower others through delegating responsibility.
- Possess excellent organizational skills including but not limited to:
- The ability to handle multiple demands and assignments,
- The ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently,
- The ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
- Responsible for the administration of company policies including safety, customer satisfaction and finances. The Engineering Manager should be able to demonstrate repeatable competency with the following:
- Manage the implementation of all assigned projects to complete on time with a commitment to quality, professionalism, responsive service, and at or below the estimated hours in the approved estimates.
- Assist personnel with project cost estimates, and sales presentations in order to develop a customer base through superior service and technical expertise.
- Facilitate development and training of engineering personnel, including setting and monitoring of individual goals.
- Assimilate, filter, and propagate new design/installation/service procedures and tools.
- Contribute to branch strategic planning and achieve expected financial results for the engineering discipline
- Coordinate resources necessary for production, including scheduling and establishing needs; review and approve project designs.
- Establish and implement project design standards and conventions to reduce design time and save costs.
- Stay abreast of new development/releases of technology and apply to projects, processes as necessary and implement for efficiency improvement.
The individual in this role has 5-7 years of experience in this industry and a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role. He or she already possess the advanced technical knowledge of building operations, including HVAC and Security systems.
A degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is preferred.
Responsible for all work flow activities of the Engineering Department including hardware design and software implementation.
Work delegation and defined deliverables assigned to team members
Quality and timeliness of department deliverables
Maintain project deliverables within budget and schedule
Coordination of activities with Management team to best support needs of the business
Functional resource planning and scheduling to meet expectations
Technical support of Branch personnel as needed
Ongoing technical development of team members
Communicate technical and product updates to Branch personnel
Continuous improvement of efficiencies through implementation of Hardware/software Standards
Support of National Engineering programs