Global Customer Support Director
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers.
Schneider Electric is seeking an innovative and highly skilled Customer success and support services professional to lead our global support organization.
Schneider Electric delivers information technology for a sustainable and secure world. Our integrated and scalable solutions give utility companies the ability to efficiently plan, design, operate and evolve reliable networks for the benefit of customers and the environment. Schneider Electric aggressively pursues emerging technologies to provide the most optimal solutions for our clients. At the source of Schneider Electric’s success are its people.
This Director level position is a great opportunity to become a key member of an organization that builds and deploys cutting edge technology solutions across the global utility domain.
Role: Global Support Director
Lead the Customer Success & Services organization as part of the Digital Grid operations team reporting to the VP of Operations. As the Global Support Director, you will evolve all existing service teams supporting multiple product offerings into a standardized global organization with a clear vision centered around customer success, increased customer satisfaction and issue resolution efficiency. You will broaden the catalog of service offerings to include various value-added services that build deeper customer relationships with our products and experts.
In this role, you will be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer journey and skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new concepts in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. You will help customers on-board onto our support infrastructure as well ensure a consistent omni channel, ‘concierge’ style customer experience is carried through to all customer touchpoints across the digital and live customer experience.
You will be broadly measured by your ability to establish and improve clear KPIs across the global support organization. Specifically, within 6 months you will:
- Build relationships with the team and internal business partners (Regional Solution Centers, Product Management, R&D, Strategy, Security, Finance)
- Get a pulse on the maturity of processes and people (identify gaps)
- Get a firm handle on all key metrics and their drivers.
- Draft a plan for addressing the gaps you identified
- Work with the rest of the leadership team to firm up the blueprint with plans to execute for the next year and beyond.
- Establish yourself as an effective leader of the Support team and an excellent partner for external departments.
- Lead early win process improvement projects to completion.
- Develop and define the scope, strategy and phased support center rollout for both inbound and outbound customer support service.
- P&L ownership.
- On an ongoing and repeatable basis, create metrics, monitor customer satisfaction, generate reports, and provide analysis and actions based on this information.
- Directly manage critical incidents that escalate beyond the front-line Support helpdesk.
- Own internal IT projects for establishing the department tools (e.g. document management, defect tracking, project management, etc.)
- Manage client expectations, build, maintain, and grow client relationships. Be the trusted advisor to our clients throughout the lifecycle of Support and Maintenance contracts.
- Oversee support & maintenance contracts of varying magnitude in terms of complexity, cost, time constraints, internal and external staffing, and software technology.
- Provide high level communication to V.P. and director level both internally to Schneider Electric and across the client program.
- Grow catalog of services provided to customers
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in a Technology related field or commensurate work experience.
- 10+ years of broad real-world experience implementing solutions in an enterprise class, 24/7 technology environment, including 5+ years in a client facing direct leadership role.
- Certifications within engineering discipline, IT industry (ITIL, CCIE, MCSE), or within public cloud environment (AWS, GCP or Azure) are highly desired
- Proven experience in client relationship management
- Experience in large scale product development desirable
- Experience managing remote employees and/or offices in multiple time zones.
- Experience with Support Desk management software
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience supporting or implementing utility engineering software solutions such as Outage Management Systems (OMS), SCADA, GIS and/or Distribution Management Systems (DMS) is a strong plus