Procurement Sourcing Leader - El Paso, TX
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Ensure the correct deployment of the general Purchasing Strategy of cost reduction initiatives in the cluster.
- Propose cost reduction projects/ ideas (Quality value add, Change of supplier, Negotiation) within his/her perimeter in consistency with the Purchasing strategy goals.
- Contribute to the correct purchasing database maintenance via the regular and constant update of corresponding data.
- Support the commodity management strategy for supplier consultation & selection including negotiate and manage contracts with local/specific suppliers (price, lead times, pay terms, inventory level, etc.)
- Support and / or lead all the activities related the supply qualification system in plant according with the responsibility matrix defined.
- Manage supplier performance. Make recommendations and collaborate closely with commodity management teams on palnt needs and supply chain inefficiences.
- Support digitization efforts in making processess more effective and efficient
This job might be for you if:
- University / College degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Purchasing, Project Management
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Understanding of Engineering /Manufacturing Process is a plus.
- Supplier Chain knowledge (Supplier Management, Cost analysis, Market analysis, Inventory Management, etc.)
- Financial aspects.
- Quality knowledge
- Oral and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership.
- Project Management.
- Ability to communicate, organize and work under a cross-functional Team environment.
- Capacity for problems analysis and synthesis.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Intercultural skills, team spirit, result oriented.
- Database Management skills is a plus
- Digitization experience
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.