Project Engineer - Data Architect
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose?
An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
We are looking for a Project Engineer - Data Architect (006P17) to make a difference!
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
What you will do:
Project Engineer – Data architect is project engineering role that leads data design and model build activities during project execution and provides support to clients in support phase of a project. Data architect ensures that all the data required for EcoStructure ADMS – Advanced Distribution Management System are successfully identified in source systems, mapped to the ADMS model, integrated/migrated to ADMS in most cost-effective way, stored effectively/securely and validated for agreed functionalities which fit customer business goals set at the beginning of ADMS project.
Project Engineer – Data Architect performs jobs requiring knowledge of complex work methods and skills, with minimal supervision of their superior and according to their superior’s general instructions when tackling methodological, procedural or technical issues for which additional knowledge and experience is needed, in particular:
- Identify data of interest through all available data sources (SCADA, GIS, asset management systems, MDMS, and other);
- Define and document design for project ETL processes;
- Specify data mapping between external legacy systems and ADMS;
- Lead data validation and migration processes;
- Understand, lead and execute tasks related to display building, network model build and network model validation
- Understand, lead and execute tasks related to SCADA model import and validation;
- Troubleshoot issues related to the model build;
- Design and support process for SCADA point to point testing;
- Define and document data cutover process;
- Troubleshoot problems with data integration, model build and ADMS model promotion, and proposes solutions.
- Analyzes and creates functional specifications in its domain, based on clients’ requirements;
- Detects gaps in responses to clients’ requirements and delivers feedback to the Product Center with the aim of improving the offers;
- During the analysis of client’s requirements, continually oversees the actions of other members of the project team and if needed suggests corrections;
- Approves the content of tests and participates in creation of complex business “end to end” test scenarios in all aspects of ADMS product;
- Continually works on improvement of test scenarios in cooperation with other test process participants in the company;
- Responds quickly and professionally to bugs reported by a client and continually communicates with the client;
- Performs triage of software defects reported by clients according to the established procedure;
- Continually follows the development of the company’s product within the entire ADMS portfolio;
- Cooperates with other team members, identifies obstacles in the work process and shares them with other team members and other teams, within the Regional Solution Center;
- Continually contributes to work process and procedures improvement within both the Regional Solution Center and the entire company;
- Keeps up with the latest achievements in the fields of power engineering, software engineering and information technology (IT) and continually improves their own skill set, competence and domain knowledge;
- Continually works on raising the level of competence of less experienced team members;
- If needed, holds presentations/workshops to a wider audience with the aim of expanding the skill set of the targeted audience;
- Reports to their immediate superior.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Good SCADA and/or ArcGIS and/or ArcFM knowledge
- Basic understanding of IEC CIM standard
- Experience in integrating different software products such as GIS, SCADA, Metering and billing systems, SAP, etc. is an advantage
- Experience in C#/C++ is an advantage
- Knowledge of Malay and English language. Mandarin is an advantage
Benefits we offer:
- Global family leave
- Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible work arrangement
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership