Project Test Leader
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Project Test Leader
In this role, you will be involved in the project core team as the main leader for test activities. The primary responsibilities will be definition of verification, validation and certification test strategy in collaboration with PDL´s, marketing leader and Project Quality Leader. You will plan, write and optimize test plans and ensure the testing is completed for both a product and system level in coordination with PDL, reporting status along the way. You will also be responsible for coordinating the certification of the products, in close collaboration with the certification engineer, representing labs and partnering with any 3rd parties to successfully achieve certification.
- Is responsible to define verification and validation test strategy in collaboration with PDL, Marketing Leader and Project Quality Leader.
- Manages the test strategy and the test plans, make resources and test means booking. Lead test plan writing in coordination with PDL.
- Makes the schedule optimization with the certification test plan
- Assigns the right labs according to the test plan specifications, lab specifications and/or availability
- Defines with PDL the test campaign needs in terms of test resources and investments, including prototype needs and quantities
- Defines and monitors synchronization between tests and prototype versioning
- Manages the quality process during the test phases.
- Manages and commits on the Test Execution.
- Is accountable for all test deliverables
- Collaborates effectively with other functions within the project, and other project
test leaders when part of a larger system project.
- Leads the risk analysis on test process, impact and consequences
- Leads the test strategy improvement.
- Ensures the reliability of the process
- Participates in the results analysis with the projects
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of test activities for electromechanical devices at product and system level
- Experience writing test strategies and test plans
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to collaborate with local and remote teams
- Estimation and scheduling experience
- Standards Knowledge
- Strong technical Knowledge
- System Integration, Verification & Validation
- Electromechanics Engineering
- Issue resolution
- Foster Collaboration and Networking
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree, Engineering
- Experience: 7 years plus
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.