Senior Project Manager
Great People make Schneider Electric a great company.
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose and that continuously creates an inclusive environment where you are empowered to do your best and be innovative?
The Role: Senior Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to manage Data Center Customer project orders, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. Work with the Regional Project Manager and Regional Operations Manager on support requirement and planning. Manages complete job process from order preparation, through site management of client’s site.
What will you do?
- Work with Regional Project Manager and Regional Solutions Architect on technical elements. Takes ownership for validating the projects, including both technical and commercial elements, becomes lead contact for customer for balance of project order. (Project Initiation).
- Develops a project schedule and communicates with the customer on site to ensure expectations are being met. Direct engagement with third-party vendors. (Project Planning).
- Monitor the execution of the customer’s project order, verifying execution of the project through kick-off meetings, communication to all parties and exchange of technical requirements and project plan information, performance of factory acceptance, site acceptance, site energization preparation. (Project Execution). With the support from Regional Project Manager.
- Lead the monitor and control of the performance of the customer’s project through its lifecycle. Key activities include task completion verification, project team monitoring, managing the exchange of project updates across the project team members, schedule reporting, issue resolution, and contract administration.
- Lead the closeout of the customer’s project to include financial reconciliation, verification of job site equipment arrival, installation, start-up, and training support completion through review of internal system information, contact with the customer and training functions.
- Solves problems on site with customer interaction that results in positive feedback and improved relationship.
- Utilizes a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use and demonstrates an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, processes and terminology needed for effective project management.
- Manage, control and supervision of site activities, including preparation of method of statement, site risk assessment, liaise with customer’s safety personal and provide guidance and instruction to vendor for installation, testing and commissioning.
- Reports to Regional Project Manager but functional manager will be Regional Operations Manager.
Who would be successful?
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Min 5 years’ experience in project management roles.
- Acquire knowledge in Building Automation or in a similar position
- Working experience in Japan and APAC in Data Center BMS environment
- Proactive, self-starter and a team player
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills especially in English and Japanese, possess of other language will be an advantage
- Require travelling within or outside of Japan
- PMP Certified preferred
What’s in it for me?
- Global Family care leave
- Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
Video Link: https://youtu.be/J0cFSdFpI24
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.