System Engineering Test Leader
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Test Lead will be part of a system team based in Cedar Rapids Iowa and functional report to the System Discipline Leader for North America in NC. The System Test Lead will be responsible for leading the test activities (verification, integration and validation) for the global system releases of Residential Breakers Product Projects.
- Review the user requirements, use cases, system and product specifications to fully understand the project details
- Plan and develop a complete test strategy to cover the system release from product verification through to system validation activities
- Plan and develop test cases to ensure the development implementation meets the requirements
- Use existing tools and techniques to design, develop, revise and execute automated and manual tests based on test cases
- Perform integration, new feature, regression & validation testing
- Coordinate certification activities as needed based on release content
- Extend the existing test automation infrastructure to optimize testing
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
- Work with the Continuous Engineer as necessary to reproduce customer issues to help identify root cause
- Report test progress & coverage
This job might be for you if:
- 3+ years experience in system test, specifically within an R&D Environment
- 3+ years experience performing testing of products and systems comprised of hardware, firmware and software
- 3+ years of solid experience with automation (scripting languages – such as Python, Perl, Java, Ruby and/or automation tools, such as Selenium, LoadRunner, SmartBear, TestStand)
- Experience being in a test lead position with go/no go responsibilities for releases
- Experience with scheduling and task estimation for a system release
- Experience with coordinating certification activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid troubleshooting experience that help identify root cause of system issues
- Demonstrated experience with issue tracking, configuration management, testing methodologies including Regression, Functional, Performance, Black box, White box, Integration, etc.
- Ability to manage the traceability between the test plan, test cases, automation sequences and the requirements using existing tools
- Experience in international and/or multi-site project development
- Awareness of agile methodologies
- BS Degree in Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience using National Instruments TestStand
- Experience in functional verification of devices using various communication protocols, including: Zigbee, Profibus, Ethernet networks, Modbus/TCP, WiFi, NFC, Blutooth and EtherNet/IP (strong preference) [We can update this to match TesysT protocols]
- Verification and/or Verification-related Tool Certifications (ISTQB, QAI, NI, etc.)
- Development experience
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.