Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The process analyzer team is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Manager, Customer Projects. This is a high profile position in the line of business and is responsible for managing the team that executes on all new system level projects from sales order through delivery and customer acceptance. You will manage a team of project engineers and mechanical/electrical draftsman that execute on the system level project along various stages in the project. You will manage the team performing the functions described below along with individually performing some of the activities on more complex projects.
This is an opportunity to become a member of the project execution team leadership at Schneider Electric’s Process Analyzer line of business in Upland, CA. This position leads the execution of revenue driven, customer projects of the process analyzers products portfolio, including FTIR/FT-NIR, Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometer and other types of analyzers. You will work directly with global cross functional teams developing your specific knowledge and skills with our products. Schneider Electric Process Analyzers is a process instrumentation company dedicated to delivering complex real-time measurement solutions to the leading companies of the world in the refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, biotech chemical and steel industries. This position is located at the manufacturing and project execution headquarters in Upland, California and reports directly to the General Manager.
- Sales order, purchase order and customer specification reconciliation
- Finalizing the sales order and creating project-related part numbers
- Being the Single Point of Contact for the customer during project execution
- Traveling to site for Kick-Off Meeting with project stakeholders to present scope and schedule.
- Establishing and adhering to the overall project schedule and managing the key milestones including Kick-Off Meeting (KOM), Initial Design Review, Critical Design Review, Final Design Review
- Issuing drawings for approval to the customer for sign off
- Creating Bills of Materials (BOMs) for release to production planning and manufacturing assembly
- Creating the project file folder and adhering to SOPs to fully document and organize the customer project
- Establishing both internal (manufacturing) and external (customer) project cadence meetings
- Overseeing programming and scripting of the analyzer prior to acceptance testing
- Working with production to manage customer priorities based on key material shortages or manufacturing resource availability
- Hosting the customer and managing the Factory Acceptance Testing procedures
- Traveling to site for managing the Site Acceptance Testing procedures
- Coordinating with order entry for milestone revenue billing
- Coordinating with field service to deliver project site services.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be a fit for you if:
In this role you will also require:
Strong verbal and writing skills – ability to articulate complex technical concepts and accurately document
Ability to switch gears quickly and juggle multiple responsibilities with a positive and professional attitude
Knowledge of downstream oil and gas processes including fuels blending, ethylene cracking, petrochemical processes Knowledge of engineering drafting tools including Autocad, SolidWorks, etc.
Knowledge of mechanical and electrical diagrams including P&IDs, DCS communication protocols
Familiarity with compositional and physical property analysis of process gases and liquids Familiarity with sample conditioning systems and flow diagrams
Familiarity with hazardous area requirements for instrumentation including ATEX, IECEx, etc.
Familiarity with planning tools such as Microsoft Project
Familiarity with MRP systems such as Microsoft NAV Dynamics, SAP, etc.
Familiarity with global cultures as projects executed are worldwide
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.