Core API Designer
Descripción del trabajo
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0cFSdFpI24
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Core API Designer
This person will assess the current API landscape in our Power Operation software. They will then create the API design and implementation plan that moves the Power Operations API to a well-documented, easy to use, and extensible interface for the China teams, our App Engineers, and external third parties. This person will also be responsible for the success of the Software Development Kit that will be necessary for users of the API to come online quickly.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Design and Implement a critical use API for software that requires extensibility and customization when deployed to customers
- Build out a Software Development Kit that shows how to use the API you design
- Develop efficient API test strategies in collaboration with a Test Automation team.
- Be creative in your area of expertise
- Work with multinational development teams in a rewarding domain that solves interesting real-world problems (Teams are in US, Canada, France, India and China)
- Participate in continuous improvement of product quality and contribute to the product and planning decisions
- Build out requirements for API implementation with the product owner such that participating Agile teams can help implement your API design.
- Be a key part of an agile team from planning through execution to reporting
- Be a flexible team member, willing to work on what the agile team needs to achieve its collective goals.
This job might be for you if:
- You have significant experience designing and implementing rich and well documented APIs for use by third parties
- You have a native command of the English language, which you are comfortable using to write clear and concise documentation explaining the APIs you design
- You have demonstrable experience building and maintaining a software development kit (SDK) for use by external third parties.
- You have no fear of jumping into unfamiliar territory and trailblazing towards the solutions you and your team need
- You feel comfortable explaining your ideas to others and influencing and convincing them to help you towards your goals
- You have critical and lateral thinking ability
- You are smart and get things done
- You have a keen eye for detail and a fussy but pragmatic approach to your work
- You have proven experience working with developers, product owners, and application engineers in an agile framework
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, or Computer Science (experience may preclude the need for a degree)
- You have knowledge and skill in C, C++, C#, python, bash, batch, VB, .NET, PLC ladder logic, Microsoft Office, build automation (two or more of these are needed, not all – but you must have the willingness and aptitude to learn needed technologies/languages quickly)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled