Field Service Representative (Cooling)
Descripción del trabajo
The Senior Field Service Representative is responsible to provide Professional Services for APC by Schneider Electric customers including technical site analysis to resolve customer issues and to perform field service duties on APC by Schneider Electric’s complete range of Precision Cooling Equipment.
• Perform Startup/Commissioning on all equipment across the entire APC by Schneider Electric Precision Cooling product line.
• Perform Preventive Maintenance on all equipment across the entire APC by Schneider Electric Precision Cooling product line.
• Perform Unscheduled Maintenance on all equipment across the entire APC by Schneider Electric Precision Cooling product line.
• Document all required information for each site visit performed
• Work with other team members to complete custom and large installation projects
• Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of APC by Schneider Electric equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
• Educate APC by Schneider Electric customers on basic operation of their equipment. Inform customers of issues which they may have experience with their equipment in a way which is beneficial to the customer as well as APC by Schneider Electric.
• Assist APC by Schneider Electric Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.• Perform other duties as assigned
• Thorough understanding of HVAC principles, specifically cooling and basic knowledge of electricity.
• Two to four years of field service repair and customer service with HVAC, Precision cooling equipment.
• Must be able to perform duties with general direction, receiving only general guidance with respect to overall objectives. Work is usually quite independent of other team members
• Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
• Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Must be agile and mobile with respect to finger, hand, arm and leg movement.
• Must be able to communicate (speak and hear) effectively to various intellectual levels
• Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances.
• Ability to travel extensively.
• Associate degree in HVAC with at least 5 years of related experience, or equivalent experience in a related field, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
• EPA Universal Certification Required
• More than 1-year experience in mission critical environments
• High School Diploma, GED or combination of education and experience
• Experience with critical HVAC, generators, fire detection/suppression, UPS systems
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
Internal mobility is a top priority at Schneider Electric. If you’re looking for your next step or want to try something new, applying for an internal opportunity can help you further develop your career.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.