Power Electronics Controls Expert
Descripción del trabajo
- Leads specification, design, analysis and development of controls for advanced high power 3-phase converters (50kVA to 500kVA, 400V/480V) for active harmonic filtering and other power quality applications
• Contributes to hardware design of control circuits: selection of associated components such as processors and peripherals, logic devices, A/D and D/A converters, I/O devices, etc.
- Develops models, algorithms and firmware code to implement high accuracy, high efficiency and feature-rich converter designs
- Participates in the specification of various components for power electronics converter (e.g. power semiconductors, magnetic devices, capacitors, etc.)
- Proves design concepts through a combination of computer simulation (HIL, MIL, SIL, etc.) and physical laboratory implementation/testing
- Creates, verifies and validates associated power system simulations models
- Performs sustaining engineering work of an existing active harmonic filter product by supporting production, field service, and application engineering
- Works closely with all other disciplines to address conflicting requirement and create/deliver efficient, high quality, cost optimized products
- Performs root cause analysis of difficult problems and documents problem resolution methodologies
- Remains up to date with the latest developments in power electronics engineering especially in the area of Controls and Simulation
- Supports Project planning activities
- Estimate the scope of work and necessary effort
- Participate in preparation of project stage gate review documentation
- Assists in preparation and review of product manuals, application notes, service documentation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree (M.S or PhD.) specializing in power electronics is required.
- Experience in design and development of control systems for products employing power electronics technology e.g. UPS, VSD, solar/wind inverters, active filters, etc.
- Deep understanding of power electronics converters circuits and power conversion principles.
- High analytical skills, including in power system related calculations, digital filtering, and circuit analysis.
- 3phase high power (50 kVA to 500 kVA) inverter control: theory and low-level implementation in MCU/DSP
- Various techniques and algorithm development for voltage and current control of multi-level inverters
- SPWM/DPWM, Space Vector, etc. including various adaptations of modulation strategies
- Techniques such as reference frame, FFT, etc. as applied for power electronics control
- Demonstrated experience in C / C++ programming language
- Experienced in Windows applications development is a plus.
- Experienced in HIL simulations (Typhoon or Opal-RT) is a plus.