Descripción del trabajo
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Staff Category Buyer in our Plant 6 Apodaca location
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
As a Category Buyer, you are responsible to ensure the best Quality, Cost and Delivery Conditions to supply from suppliers in category assigned to several plants within North America Region.
Aligned with the Corporate Strategy, you are in charge to implement the best terms and conditions with suppliers to achieve on a sustainable basis, the targets allocated to the team and the Purchasing Department (Yearly Productivities, Suppliers Quality & Deliveries performances):
· Ensure the operational relationships with allocated suppliers and drive sustainable competition into the supplier panel.
· Manage the Request for Quotations and offers selection in consistency with the commodity strategy.
· Lead concentration plan on targeted suppliers for Schneider Electric while securing business risks.
· Execute the supplier strategy on targeted suppliers for Schneider Electric while securing business risks.
· Lead / participate to yearly negotiation with other Departments.
· Identify/implement Technical productivities (QVE), Supplier Change (COS) with related actors (Business Unit, Material Productivity Leaders, Suppliers)
· Whenever bearing a role of SSL (Schneider Supplier Leader), lead a global approach (Global negotiation, Should Cost approach and Lean initiatives for allocated suppliers)
· Contribute to the purchasing database/tools updates by providing necessary information to commodity managers / supplier leaders/ purchasing assistant
· Be the first escalation level for supplier crisis management.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if you fit the following requirements:
Essential skills and qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Management or Engineering with 3 years of experience in Purchasing.
Fluent in English.
> Negotiation skills.
> Purchasing skills (Cost, Supplier Management, Cost analysis, Market analysis, Tools...)
> Fluent in English.
> Legal aspects, risk analysis, contracts setting.
> Financial aspects with good knowledge of Excel.
> Business knowledge and trade-off (Service Vs cost, Total Cost of Ownership).
> Quality and supply chain knowledge.
> Open minded & Results oriented.
> Leadership skills with able to influence.
> Teamwork spirit & Open multi-culture.
> Willing to learn specific.
> Capable to work under pressure.
> Ability to communicate, organize and work with Plant Top Management Team and purchasing people.
> Good Analytical skills.
> Able to identify and manage priorities.
> Customer focused.
> Ability to work in a matrix organization.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.