Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a IIoT System Engineer/Architect in our Nashville, TN location.
An outstanding opportunity for a passionate, energetic and self- driven system engineer/architect for our IIoT products. As a part of the EcoStruxure™ Power systems engineering team, the responsibility of the System Engineer/Architect is to develop and implement new systems and solutions utilizing a Model Based Systems Engineering approach in an AGILE/ SAFE context. This includes ensuring the projects are architected, developed, and deployed in an efficient and consistent manner minimizing cost and risk.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
- Facilitate the System Team as needed to analyze inputs and develop appropriate outputs
- Develop use cases and define the operational context of the system
- Transform the customer inputs into system requirements
- Technical leadership responsibility for one or more concurrent projects that require custom system design and deployment. For each project to which he/she is assigned, the System Engineer/Architect should have a full understanding of customer needs, technology landscape, and implementation requirements at the system level.
- Lead the system architecture of the proposed customer solutions based on defined requirements
- Work with test leads to develop appropriate test architectures to represent system architectures
- Maintain the System Documentation to keep it consistent throughout the development cycle
- Oversee traceability processes and develop reports for requirement flow down to test
- Present the status and activity updates to project stakeholders
- Maintain subject matter expertise and coach the system team through system activities
- Responsible for clarification and analysis of the needs, expectations and requirements from Marketing and other stakeholders external or internal
- Work within a global architecture council to assure system consistency across multiple programs
- Transform Industrial, Security, Safety & Regulatory Requirements into System Requirements
- Utilize Systems Modeling Language (SysML) to document and maintain the outcomes of the system engineering activities
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related engineering field with 5+ years of full system life cycle development experience with complex multi-technology systems
- Experience with IoT and/or IIoT technologies
- Hands-on experience with SysML and model-based tools such as Rationale Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, or Cameo
- Hands-on experience with requirement database tools such as JAMA or TeamForge
- Hands-on experience with project execution tool like Jira and Confluence
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast-paced technical driven environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of system architectural principles, methods, and techniques
- Great leadership skills, ability to influence partners and stakeholders internally and externally
- Network solutions experience and strong knowledge of network services and devices
- Awareness of customer pain points and ability to find features that bring value
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task and learn new skills quickly
- Experience writing use cases, requirements and specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel to Schneider Electric and customer sites worldwide
- Experience working with local, near shore and global project teams
- Experience in Energy Management and/or Electrical Distribution (nice to have)
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.