Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Logistics Engineer in our Middletown, PA location. Newly created role!
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Logistics Engineer position is a key member of the Logistics team and will have responsibility for driving our groups to world class performance. The person in this position will be responsible for leading the continuous improvement efforts of their team using the Schneider Performance System. Safety leadership, Quality focus, Customer service and plant productivity are critical to the success of the business and are core responsibilities. Leadership skills and mechanical aptitude are both critical for this role.
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma skills to address complex process opportunities with simple solutions.
- Identify constraints to achieving goals and collaborate to find and implement effective solutions via our SIM (Short Interval Management) process
- Develop cost estimates, determine work standards, and develop and implement improvement within our processes.
- Supports project launch, process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance, line architecture, and material flow implementations
- Define the internal flow architecture based on the principles of the Schneider Production System including global architecture for warehousing.
- Measure and analyze warehouse performance (cost and service) and implement corrective actions.
- Works on daily and long-term problems/projects using Quality and SPS tools including PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D, CAPEX, SAP, work orders, CAD, etc.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
- Works with other engineers, designers, maintenance technicians, SPVs, and hourly line associates to effectively solve issues, implement solutions, and support IDEA/continuous/Safety/Quality improvement implementation ALL UNDER the Schneider Production System (Schneider Electric’s Lean manufacturing operations model) principles.
- Develops process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solution
Serves logistics operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement, and leading projects to completion -- all via short interval management cycle 1 thru 4 based concepts and processes.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor of Science, preferably within Engineering based discipline (Industrial, Mechanical) but will consider Supply Chain or other related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience in Value Stream analysis; Lean concepts (ie. 5S, Line architecture / 2 bin design, material providing and handling / route design, work instructions, etc.)
- Experience with root cause analysis utilizing problem solving tools identifying and correcting issues.
- Ability to drive process and culture change in a mature organization
Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership: Driving results through influence and collaboration
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; project management experience
- Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate significant potential and mobility for future advancement to higher levels of leadership within manufacturing operations
- Significant knowledge and experience within business software related to Manufacturing and Capacity Planning such as SAP, ACCESS/SQL databases, and Excel
- Demonstrate ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers
- Experience implementing projects resulting in measurable improvement(s) within labor efficiency, material flow, and overall equipment effectiveness
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.