Great People make Schneider Electric a great company.
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose and that continuously creates an inclusive environment where you are empowered to do your best and be innovative?
This position is for future opportunities with Schneider. We are actively recruiting and interviewing for future positions in SCM team to help us with the timely & right parts procurement thru approved suppliers at lowest cost per Distribution Requirement Planning (DRP) results, scheduling, re-scheduling, Inventory management, HUB stocks management & maintenance of system data attributes to support production & sales requirement on regular basis.
- Timely creation & release of Purchase Order's (PO) to approved suppliers per DRP results/analysis for procurement of assigned parts, raw materials & equipment
- Proper PO management per guidelines & regular follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials while maintaining optimum inventory level per set Targets
- Negotiate better cost & delivery lead time with suppliers for continuous improvement
- Coordinate with Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE), Warehouse (W/H) & Finance teams to resolve supplier quality, stocks discrepancy & payment related issues promptly
- Regular Communication & Coordination with various functions like planning, Logistics ,W/H , New Product Development (NPD) & Production teams regarding materials status to prepare for unexpected emergencies with suppliers
- Observe quality and safety standards in the execution of duties and responsibilities
- Support the health and safety and environmental programs and initiatives of the company
- Regular Interaction with suppliers regarding process improvement activities
- Regular Interaction with Engineering & Bill of Materials (BOM), and Business Process Improvement teams for proper data maintenance & updating
- Utilize and maintain Enterprise Requirement Planning (ERP) system for correct & up to date information/attributes setup
- Achieve defined quarterly & yearly Key Performance Indicators' (KPI) per management guidelines
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Track Factory Management Inventory performance and provide training and knowledge sharing in order to secure FMI performance in accordance to Hub KPI and targets
- Anticipation of event
- Liaise with Project Management as well as Planning Team for procurement action in anticipation of supplier closure, seasonality, vessel delay, port congestion and any other events that may impact the timely replenishment of stock.
- Monthly report
- Provide report and follow up with supplier for improvement.
- Perform gap analysis of GR date vs. Delivery date to clarify the lead time information is correct.
- Others and Project and task as assigned by the Manager
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Sciences or Business Admin.
- At least 2-3 years purchasing experience in Electronics / Light Engineering Industry
- Knowledge in cost calculations of some commodities like transformers, batteries, PCB’s, Metal Stamping parts, Plastic injection, Carton Boxes and others is definitely an advantage and also knowledge of manufacturing process for key commodities like press parts, transformers, PCB’s and other packaging parts
- Knowledge and experience in ERP systems.
- A deep understanding of the core purchasing process is a must
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Experienced in using ERP/MRP systems like Oracle 11i, BAAN or SAP will be an advantage also.
- Project management skills
- Be conversant with the market trends for the respective commodities
- Global family leave
- Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
- Flexible work arrangement
- On-site gym
Who will you report to? Purchasing Manager
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.