Procurement Manager for Electronics
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
What do you get to do in this position?
Lead a team of Regional Category Buyers and support them to achieve the group targets. Is a referent for the Electronic Categories in North America region. Work with Regional Category Managers to define the different strategies. Work with Global Procurement to support the annual global negotiation campaigns. Lead and coordinate all the negotiations delegated to the region with support from Plant Procurement Managers, Category Buyers and Plant Buyers. Support North America Procurement strategy implementation. Work with North America Procurement leaders to solve challenges and business needs.
- Support annual goal definition for Category Buyers.
- Performance and Career Planning with Category Buyers.
- Onboard and coach new Category Buyers (suppler performance, negotiation, business reviews, contracts, etc).
- Participate during category performance reviews.
- Lead North America data collection efforts across +30 plants and +20 Buyers to support Global and Regional Negotiation campaigns for electronics (PUMA Campaign).
- Lead North America regional annual negotiation campaigns for the electronic categories (PUMA Campaign).
- Lead implementation of new prices and conditions across the region after global and regional negotiation campaigns (PUMA Campaign).
- Communicate with stakeholders performance from negotiation campaigns (Finance, Cluster Directors, Plant Procurement Managers, etc).
- Lead different Procurement initiatives intended to improve performance, solve business needs or challenges in the region.
- Collaborate with Regional Category Managers on strategy development and implementation.
- Collaborate with Cluster Procurement Directors and Plant Procurement Managers to solve challenges and business needs.
- Collaborate with Global Procurement teams on different initiatives.
- Be a point of escalation upon risks or challenges.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Mechanical/ Industrial/Electronics Engineering.
- Master´s degree or additional Procurement or Supply Chain Certifications are a plus.
- Experience with large multinational companies.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Procurement, Purchasing, or Supply Chain.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with electronic categories (example: semiconductors, passive components, connectors, PCBs, PCBAs, Fuses, Relays, Windings, Batteries).
- Experience with Procurement negotiations.
- Experience on Project Management.
- Experience leading multicultural and remote teams.
- Spoken and written fluent communication in English.
- Knowledge on legal contracts and risk management.
- Skills: Leadership, Proactive, Self-driven, Results oriented, Negotiation, Strategic thinking, Cross cultural awareness, Remote management, Communication (Written - ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner internally as well as externally), Problem solving and analytical skills.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.