Project Manager - GIS
Schneider Electric Digital Grid - Professional Services Division has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the role of Project Manager on our Professional Services Team
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
- Assume responsibility for the full scope of multiple projects, including resource scheduling, project tracking, risk analysis and cost management.
- Proactively communicate status, budget, and time line updates to internal and external customers.
- Adhere to project management methodology guidelines to manage an entire project life cycle
- Provide direction to project teams, including assignment of individual responsibilities, tasks, and technical functions.
- Support technical project tasks and lead relevant workshops to adapt off-the-shelf components to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
- Foster relationships and drive value for our clients.
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Contribute to the Professional Services organization and drive best practice behaviors into the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years of consulting experience with a major consulting, technology or professional services firm.
- Previous hands on technical experience in a technical role as Software Developer, Technical Architect, DBA, Business Analyst, etc. is a plus.
- Project management experience in a technology or software implementation environment.
- Experience with Microsoft project is required.
- Ability to lead client and consulting teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Hands-on experience implementing or using ArcFM, ESRI GIS or related technologies is a plus.
- Technical experience in implementation or integrating COTS solutions to other utility engineering software technologies such as Outage Management Systems (OMS), SCADA, Distribution Management Systems (DMS), Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and/or Engineering Analysis (EA) is a plus.
- Position will be based in Fort Collins, CO.
- Travel required (50%+) domestic and international.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.