Qlik Sense Developer
This Qlik Sense Developer will work within the technology team and with stakeholders across the business on business intelligence development projects to support reporting and analytics for our customers: designing and executing excellent solutions, documenting work and testing and maintaining data heavy business applications that also require excellent end user experience.
This person will be able to comfortably discuss business needs and technology solutions; assisting in driving and prioritizing competitive enhancements and solutions. As a Qlik subject matter expert, the individual will provide education and support when appropriate, as well as identifying opportunities to make product or service suggestions based on a customer’s needs. Ability to develop and support complex logic is an absolute must for this job. Just “using the tool” will not cut it.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the core operational infrastructure that supports a Qlik Sense Enterprise implementation and will be able to assist the Technology group in the maintenance, upgrade, and optimization of the existing infrastructure, both as the core product evolves and our use of it to deliver services to our customers evolves too.
- Design, develop, and implement business intelligence solutions (analytic reports and dashboards) using Qlik Sense Enterprise (Client Managed) and NPrinting
- Partner with Business and IT development teams to build and enhance excellent business intelligence and analytic reporting solutions for customers using Qlik Sense
- Engage with stakeholders to identify customer needs and collaboratively design creative solutions with iterative feedback and updates
- Maintain strong functional knowledge of developed applications for maintenance and support, researching and fixing issues as they occur
- Support user requests for training and problem solving with other Qlik developers
- Maintain documentation of new project processes and deliverables including requirements, testing documentation and issues logs
- Understanding and updating the data model for enhancements and performance improvements
- Assist in the management, maintenance, and upgrade of the Qlik Sense/NPrinting infrastructures including development, staging, and production environments.
- 3-5 years' experience with Qlik Sense developing complex, user-friendly solutions (QlikView experience also valuable)
- Good knowledge on Qlik Sense/Qlik View server architecture and building QVDs and QVWs applying business rules and data validations
- Strong background in data models and scripting (SQL, Qlik scripts, etc)
- Ability to design and develop solutions that customers intuitively understand and love
- Experience documenting best practices and supporting governance across a distributed team
- A commitment and passion for continuous integration, unit tests, and using automation to ensure stable, scalable, and quality deliverables.
- Experience in an Agile development utilizing Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence (or comparable tools from other vendors).
- Strong analytical skills with core competency in problem solving
- Creativity to view a problem from many angles and drive towards an excellent solution
- Self-starter who can suggest innovative approaches and enhancements
- Attention to detail, thoroughly understanding the entirety of problems and solutions
- Initiative to uncover and solve problems proactively
- Effective working on teams, within and outside of function
- High commitment to company vision and values
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage priorities
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university, degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Experience with Qlik Sense integrations including the development of custom extensions, mashups, and/or server-side analytics extensions (SSEs)
- Previous energy or sustainability industry knowledge
- Qlik Sense or related technical certifications
- A growing company with a positive industry reputation
- Recognized leader in a market where energy services are in demand
- Entrepreneurial company with a positive corporate culture
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- Benefits which include 401(K), Bonus Plan, health, life, dental, vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition reimbursement, and more