Senior Financial Analyst
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric USA is a leading manufacturer of equipment for electrical distribution, industrial control, and automation. We have the following position available in Schaumburg, Illinois:
Senior Financial Analyst.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Participate in planning, testing and implementation of accounting systems (SAP, HFM, and Quote to Cash for balance sheet reconciliations, BAAT);
- Review and supervise works complete in accounting systems;
- Monitor/supervise administrator’s execution within Balance Sheet Account Analysis Tool (BAAT) 5%.
- Cooperate with Corporate team to assist in revising and updating company policies and procedures, in accordance with changes in IFRS and changes in industry;
- Maintain and make suggestion for necessary revision of accounting practices that comply with the most recent international financial reporting standards;
- Engage in international accounting standard update and compliance change activities;
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting procedures & requirements 5%.
- Review analysis of account activity submitted by financial analysts & associates and provide judgement on necessary modification/adjustment 5%.
- Work as central contact for all audit requests from external auditors, request supports from related parties within Schneider Electric, review supports submitted for accuracy and proper compliance 10%.
- Review monthly reconciliation and summary related to Contra Account Receivable 10%.
- Review monthly recurring and ad-hoc journal entries 15%.
- Prepare entries with significant impact requiring moderate to high level of judgement, subject to manager’s approval 5%.
- Organize and plan balance sheet reviews, process standardization for key reserves and centralized governance of balance sheet metrics for enhanced compliance and quality 5%.
- Further analyze and summarize findings for management executive’s needs 5%.
- Prepare Schneider Electric USA and Schneider Electric Canada entities’ pension plans and 401K plans financial schedules, maintain strong understanding of plans policy as well as distinct funds valuation method 5%.
- Supervise Restructuring activities and analyze Restructuring provision, develop and revise accounting estimate methodology related to Restructuring activities 5%.
- Supervise Long Term Investment Activities on General Ledger and develop and ensure proper valuation of Investments 5%.
- Supervise payments to distributors for Rebates Inventory Credit Assistance Program and revise eligibility on quarterly basis 5%.
- Review estimation method to forecast credit and return level for Sales Return Reserve 5%.
- Participate in Ledger Consolidation process as owner of specific US entities (USDX) and promote financial statements package to Corporate during month end for consolidation purpose 10%.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or related field and three years of work experience with financial analysis or accounting.
Also must have the following:
- 3 years of experience with Financial statement review;
- 3 years of experience with Balance sheet analytics;
- Experience working with SAP or other ERP;
- Financial analysis or accounting experience with company which has at least $10 billion in revenue; and
- Experience working with or as an auditor.
This position is covered by our company’s Employee Referral Program. Any applicant who is interested in this position or who was referred to this position may apply by submitting a complete resume in English through this site https://www.se.com/us/sites/us/en/company/careers/jobs-with-us/jobs-with-us.page req. ## 006BP8. EOE.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.