Software Architect Liaison
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This person will interact with Teams from the US and China and design an architecture that satisfies the needs of modularity, security, and extensibility required in both countries. Our China team will grow and begin China specific implementations for this engineering to order software. The challenge for this role to reshape the software and systems to have the flexibility to be changed by many teams – to organize the fundamental design around that flexibility.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Work across different cultures and expectations to modify the fundamental design of high value software to meet expanding needs of extensibility and modularity
- Travel to China and other countries to collaborate and participate in workshops
- Work across fundamentally different security contexts, and build designs that satisfy both sets of needs
- Engage with a partner in the same role who resides in China and collaborate on reshaping the software
- Be creative across the DevOps spectrum to solve your design problems – shape the infrastructure, process, system and code to meet the needs (not just an architect of code)
- Build the architectural plan and requirements to fundamentally modify the design of working, successful software
- Work with other architects to keep the design consistent and to satisfy all the existing requirements as well as the changes needed for extensibility and modularity
- Travel to China and other countries to collaborate on design and architecture and participate in workshops
- Participate in continuous improvement of product quality and contribute to the product and planning decisions
- Be a key player within a set of agile teams, from planning through execution to reporting
- Be a flexible team member, willing to jump in where needed and drive solutions to their completion.
This job might be for you if:
- You can dig in and understand a software implementation by hands on coding, asking the right questions, and through experimentation
- You can articulate and justify software design needs within a complex system, and you can do this for both technical and non-technical people
- You have designed, implemented and maintained software through fundamental strategic changes, and can demonstrate that you’ve done so
- You have demonstrable experience working in the security domain and can apply that knowledge to your designs (knowledge of 62443 standard a bonus)
- You can comfortably work from high level needs and can creatively, collaboratively fill in all the details needed to get those high-level needs met.
- You are fluent in both English and Chinese
- You are willing to work a non-standard workday and deal with round the world time zones.
- You have critical and lateral thinking ability
- You are smart and get things done
- You have proven experience working with developers, product owners, and application engineers in an agile framework
- You have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, or Computer Science (experience may preclude the need for a degree, and Masters level degrees or above are a bonus)
- You have knowledge and skill in C, C++, C#, python, bash, batch, .NET, PLC ladder logic, Visual Studio, Microsoft Office, build automation, source control, and Git (three or more of these are needed, not all – but you must have the willingness and aptitude to learn needed technologies/languages quickly)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled