BI Application Lifecycle Manager Intro
THE MISSION & PURPOSE
The GSC.IS BI ALM is primarily a solution expert and then a deployment manager who also has deep knowledge and experience of the business process covered by solution(s) he is responsible for. He/She is recognized as an expert in the domain covered by the solution(s) as well as a specialist of the business needs and a great influencer to convince key stakeholders and decision makers on what needs to be done in priority to meet the business expectations.
His/Her mission is key for the support of the intro and the deployment of many new or changing capabilities encompassed by one or more solutions, and addresses the entire Upstream Plant Supply Chain, all Regions, all Business Units, all Commodities. As we are in a business environment that changes continuously and rapidly, the main purpose of the GSC.IS BI ALM is to guarantee that GSC BI is always updated with latest business requirements and correctly maintained to ensure the service continuity expected by the business, all along the application lifecycle
The Application Lifecycle Manager’s mission comprises:
• To ensure E2E coordination of the activities of application lifecycle: starting during the life of the project to end of life of the application
• To be accountable for the introduction and deployment of new analytical capabilities
• To guarantee that the solution meets business needs by gathering the needs from the business and influencing the decision process to ensure arbitration on change requests are done to meet customer expectations in priority.
• Support project by upstream involvement in all deployment of new capabilities and ensure proper deployment & business transformation actions are correctly undertaken by the project & ensure proper transition to run (this include the undertaking of necessary change management actions inside & outside GSC.IS)
• Be the voice of the business being involved in all the governance instances (STEERCO, BOC, review committees…) and influence decisions to ensure smooth project execution, transition torun & run management
• Drive the RUN committee with internal (GSC. IS) and external (Schneider Digital & suppliers if applicable) to:
O Monitor user adoption status and main pain points from users
O Manage RUN budget status and forecast to ensure budget is spent for business priorities
O Monitor execution and status of key actions decided to address Run’s issues &, End User
O Decide on the prioritization and arbitration of CHRs/Bug Fixing that will be implemented to
maintain the solution updated and operational in line with the SLA and business expectations
• Maintain and improve user satisfaction and adoption by monitoring usage, support service and Infrastructure performance by driving corrective actions (communication, training, etc.)
• To lead the end of life management
- Plan and prepare for a future effective and efficient RUN,
- Lead the business transformation activities with the project team and BPO (requirements, change management, etc)
- Work with project team as Deployment Manager/Leader from the beginning of a project to Go-Live/Hypercare and manage the transition to RUN mode
- Work with PM and BPO to ensure that all activities for the deployment plan & change management plan are correctly included in the project plan.
- Forecast the needs of resource to execute the deployment activities and obtain them from GSC. IS, SED and even the business when necessary
- Manage Stakeholders,
- Make sure there´s a Data Quality Governance in place
- Contribute to define and to conduct the solution´s deployment, support BPO with community animation
- Define RUN operating model and attend the business in cooperation with BPO
- Ensure User Adoption upon release, creating the key metrics with BPO and DTL.
- Contribute to the project communication plan
- Support DTL on material creation, promoting training campaigns and ensuring it´s being spread by the network.
- Define support model in collaboration with PM, BPO and GSC.IS User Support Center.
- Manage the Run with Stakeholders, coordinating enhancements with BPO, and leading the outcomes from SteerCo meetings
- Responsible to maintain the right tool performance while optimizing cost over time.
- Solution monitoring for user adoption and satisfaction, including effective support being provided.
- Deploy and transition to Run mode:
- Defining Go/No Go with ALM Intro and BPO, ensuring acceptance criteria has been achieved (same comment here. ALM Intro, ALM Run. Need to decide if we want to differentiate or not)
- Improving Data Quality Governance.
- Gathering needs and gap analysis for enhancements
- Agreeing with the business on staffing and funding commitment, with contribution of BPO.
- Creating RACI among GSC.IS & SED
- Defining Operating Model with ALM INTRO and Service Level Agreement
- Supporting DTL on decommission of previous tool
- Create and animate the governance (BPO, CAN, Schneider Digital, PMDG, PM, Partners) to ensure solution(s) continue to deliver the expected capability within the limit of the business acceptance criteria
- Publish a monthly scorecard which includes solution(s) usage (user adoption), user satisfaction, CHR status, bug fixing status, tickets level 1 activity status, SLA, infrastructure performance, etc….
- Manage and support continuous improvement. activities
- Monitor the SLA defined with the business
- Work with BPO on the Business Transformation in a PDCA mode. Share lessons learned.
- Measure and maintain Tool ROI (value creation)
- Perform Communication regarding enhancements and bugs during run
- Lead release execution including a publication testing and engage BPO and business to contribute to test (UAT)
- Support the GSC.IS Communities, Communication and Training Manager & ensure proper Analytics communication
MEASURE OF SUCCESS
- Solution is up and running as per SLA
- Change request activity and bug fixing are properly managed & satisfy business expectations
- User adoption meets targets defined by the business (shared responsibility with BPOs)
- Deployments are executed properly, and business is correctly trained
- For each deployment the business transformation is effective (shared responsibility with BPO)
- Monitoring of the support
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL POSITION ENVIRONMENT
- Complex organization which operates both locally but with strong interactions as part of and with the global team
- Truly multinational and cross-cultural working environment
Specific challenges of the position
- Flexibility and creativity to adapt to different challenging stakeholders, budgets, timelines
- Joining Global Supply Chain Information System team is an opportunity to experience:
- International scope, multinational and cross-cultural working environment
- Implementation of better practices in user relation and develop a worldwide network
- With GSC BPOs, SMEs, Project Managers, Project team,
- With Schneider Digital, CAN
- The Application Lifecycle Manager functionally manages :
- all deployment leaders for the Analytics domain to support the Analytics
- Delivery Manager, Communication leader
- As Functional Manager provides feedback to support Hierarchical Manager People coaching
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Ability to communicate complicated ideas (a must) with simple concepts
- Strong negotiating, influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Synthetic and able to have a global vision of complex projects
- Ability to prioritize and stick to the commitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills / ability to deal with all types / levels of staff / customers
- Ability to work as part of a team with geographically dispersed stakeholders
- Ability to manage by influence people that are worldwide
- Focus on the Customer
- Know Change management techniques & methodologies
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Project management & agile methods
- Knowledge of Analytics
- Knowledge of IT technologies and development language is a plus
- Knowledge of a third language (Spanish or Chinese) is a plus
- PMP and SCRUM certifications are a clear plus
- CS or Engineering degree
- A Master in IS domains is a clear plus
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading complex system intro
- Demonstrated experience in working with multiple stakeholders in highly matrix organizations
- Operational Experience in Analytics, know-how of SAP, BI & its multilayers
- Demonstrated experience in business transformation, change management & complex business process implementation
- Experience in collaborating with multi-cultural teams
- Experience in User Support and New practice or Capability introduction
- Experience in exchanging with stakeholders at different levels of the hierarchy, up to SVP or Excom
- Project management is a plus
- Experience in Global Supply Chain