Business Development Manager – Industrial Automation, Perth
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy is a basic right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy, automation and digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Our Industrial Automation business delivers solutions that enable our customers to make the most of their energy, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety whilst providing the best ROI.
We have unique customer-facing opportunities based in the following locations
In this role you will have full ownership of all phases; from identifying potential customers, through to producing and presenting cutting edge solutions. Success in this position will require gaining a great understanding of a customer's processes, their drivers, requirements and pain points. To then showcase our advanced automation solutions, proposing the best options with a focus on our control system architecture, known as EcoStruxure. In this role you will work closely and collaboratively with the sales, pre-sales, offer management and delivery teams to influence the adoption of our technology.
Skills, experiences and attributes required will include:
- A qualification in electrical engineering, computer science, software engineering is preferred but not essential, and a business-related discipline would be advantageous
- The ability to identify complex business problems to then leverage the integration of automation OT (PLC, SCADA, HMI, DCS, Telemetry) with IT, end point to cloud and digital services
- A solid operational understanding with one or all of our key domains (Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Water Waste Water, Mining and Oil & Gas)
- Previous success in customer-facing business development, technical sales, pre-sales or consulting role
- Ability to listen and translate customer needs into business solutions, demonstrating our value proposition
- Ability to identify and build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within an organisation
At Schneider Electric we put customers first, embrace different and act like owners. Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams and to use their judgement to deliver results. We’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview. Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.