Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Takes ownership for validating the project’s statement of work and contract terms with the customer, including both technical and commercial elements, becomes lead contact for customer for balance of project order. (Project Initiation).
- Focus on Data Center Controls Projects
- Determine Site resources requirements and request from departments as necessary. (Project Planning).
- Monitor the execution of the customer’s project order, verifying execution of the project through kick-off meetings, communication to all parties and exchange of technical requirements and project plan information. (Project Execution).
- Understand customer specific request for project variations not included in the original scope and is in charge to submit to the customer the amendments related to these requests.
- Solves problems with customer interaction that results in positive feedback and improved relationship.
- Utilizes a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use and demonstrates an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, processes and terminology needed for effective project management.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Trade based qualification in electrical trade, university degree in engineering or significant relevant experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent OR can achieve certification within 12 months
- Background in managing projects in a relevant industry such as engineering or construction, delivering to external customers via commercial arrangements
- Experience with design and construct projects which supply solutions that integrate existing technology to meet customer requirements, considering relevant standards and specifications
- Experience identifying and negotiating claims and contract variations
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment, setting priorities and provide direction
- Ability to effectively orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, whilst anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks
- Ability to develop and maintain a project schedule utilizing Microsoft Project or similar
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.