Like EcoStruxure™ ArcFM Designer, EcoStruxure™ ArcFM Designer Express (formerly known Designer Express) lets you enhance a work sketch with GIS information, materials needed, and labor costs —with this important difference: You can choose, instead, to work in a more streamlined, less detailed fashion. It’s a fast, easy-to-use tool created specifically for design engineers who prefer not to identify each and every material or compatible unit needed to construct new facilities.
Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure™ ArcFM Designer Express offers key benefits:
- Interface is easy and intuitive
- Materials lists
- Allow you to view, add or remove materials, and set quantities
- Provide materials and cost reporting
- Design estimation
- Includes cost item library with pre-assigned costs or can be entered per project
- Conductor or pipe length automatically provided for cost estimating
- Improves abandon/remove functionality
- Fully integrates with Workflow Manager
- Allows easy transfer of information from design engineer to GIS for as-built editing
- Built-in commission tool converts design sketch to enterprise GIS data with little manual effort
The built-in flexibility of EcoStruxure™ ArcFM Designer Express allows you to work at the level of detail necessary to create the work sketch – but not necessarily the level of detail needed for asset management and update of the EcoStruxure™ ArcFM Enterprise GIS database. And it’s ideal for utilities when outsourcing construction – you provide the design, and your contractors specify costs and materials in their bids.