PowerChute Business Edition
UPS management, graceful shutdown, and energy management software for servers and workstations using dedicated serial or USB connections.
Millions of protected customers! - "With PowerChute Business Edition installed, it's as if the outage never happened". Richard Verry, Systems Administrator & Software Engineer, The Children's Institute.
FeaturesPowerChute Business Edition software provides UPS management, graceful shutdown and innovative energy management capabilities. In the event of an extended power outage, graceful unattended shutdown ensures no information is lost and time to recovery is minimized. Energy cost and CO2 reporting provides greater understanding of the energy consumed by IT equipment enabling improved energy efficiency.
- Initial Set-Up Wizard - Enables ease of configuration and ensures IT equipment is protected as quickly as possible
- Password Security - User-selectable password with strong password rules and reset password mechanism.
- Secure communications - Secured web access via HTTPS, as the default, ensures that communication between the device and the client interfaces cannot be interpreted.
- SMTP Authentication - Secure Mail Transfer Protocol support to authenticate e-mail
- CO<sub>2</sub> Emissions Reporting - Monitor the environmental impact of powering your protected equipment.
- Configurable energy costs - Update energy costs as they change to ensure your energy cost reports are completely accurate
- Energy costing - Understand the cost of powering your protected equipment.
- Energy usage reporting - Gain a fact-based understanding of the energy usage of your protected equipment.
- Data logging - Identify problematic trends before they escalate or export the data log for analysis.
- Multiple Smart-UPS Management - View and monitor multiple Smart-UPS using SNMP over the network with any 3rd party Network Management System (NMS).
- Notification - Be notified of problems to ensure crucial situations are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Smart Battery Management - Battery replacement date and Replacement Battery Cartridge (RBC) number available via software user interface which provides a seamless link to order the correct RBC’s online.
- Communication Computer Interface Cable - UPS cable provides dedicated serial/USB communication between the UPS and the server, independent of the network.
- Enterprise management system compatible - Make device information available to your preferred enterprise management system by forwarding SNMP traps (events) across SNMPv1 and SNMPv3 using the PowerNet MIB
- PowerChute Business Edition OS Compatibility - This software supports numerous operating systems and processors. For further information, please
- System Event Log Integration - Writes events to Windows operating system event logs
- Load shedding - Turn off select outlet groups in a pre-determined sequence to shed less critical equipment and conserve runtime (UPSs with switched outlet groups).
- Operating System Shutdown - Prevents possible data corruption by performing graceful, unattended operating system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage or computer power problem.
- Outlet group control - Turn on/off, reboot or shut down select outlet groups to save dispatching technicians to remote locations (for UPSs with switched outlet groups).
- Scheduling capability - Customize a schedule for the shutdown and reboot of connected equipment and UPSs
- Sequenced shutdown and restart - Customize network shutdown and reboot sequence of connected servers and UPSs.
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an Expert
Where to BuyA simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find a distributor
FAQ'sStart here for access to our Knowledge Base to get answers to over one hundred thousand questions online in seconds. View them now