The range of Enclosed Altistart™ 48 soft starts packages the advanced functionality of the Altistart 48 soft start in Type 1, Type 12 or Type 3R enclosures to provide industry-leading performance in a packaged solution. Available as a pre-engineered and “build-to-order” product, Enclosed Altistart 48 soft starts can be configured based upon exact specifications to optimize the unit for specific application requirements up to 600HP.
Combination devices are available with either a circuit breaker or fusible disconnect, the Enclosed Altistart 48 features coordinated short circuit current ratings up to 100kA (fused) and 30kA (circuit breaker) and is rated as seismic qualified (floor mount configurations) to International Code Counsel Evaluation Service (ICC ES) Acceptance Criteria for Seismic Qualification Testing of Nonstructural Components (AC156).The most fully integrated enclosed soft start on the market
As the most fully integrated enclosed soft start on the market, the Enclosed Altistart 48 features genuine chneider Electric components, including circuit breakers, operating mechanisms, control relays, contactors, and terminal blocks, to ensure easy device configuration and reliable soft start operation for your application.
In addition to the Altistart 48 soft start, Enclosed Altistart 48 units are supplied ready-fitted with overcurrent protection device, shorting (bypass), and isolation means, so no additional components are required. Installation becomes quick and easy as all that is required for operation is unit mounting and connection to the supply and motor.Features and benefits
- Patented Torque Control System (TCS) for linear control during acceleration and deceleration that is independent of the motor loading.
- Active thermal overload protection when in shorting mode.
- Three power circuit configurations – shunt trip, non-reversing and reversing options.
- Standard or severe duty ratings
- EGSA Class 3 Generator compliant for use on emergency/standby generators.
- Shorting contactors (AC1 Duty) on all configurations.
- Input isolation contactor option.
- Full voltage bypass (AC3 Duty) option.
- 22mm LED long life pilot light clusters with option for push-to-test configurations.
- Top and bottom conduit knockouts on wall mounted enclosures.
- Removable conduit entry plates on floor mounted enclosures.