Designed for motors rated up to 7½ HP
· 600 Vac and 250 Vdc maximum
Large movable contact segments are rigidly attached to the main operating shaft. Fully insulated from each other and from the shaft, both the movable and stationary contacts are plated for maximum life.
Extremely accessible terminals are provided for easy wiring.
· Type A is provided with screw type terminals
· Type B is provided with pressure wire connector terminals
· Contacts are not replaceable
Operating Mechanism supplied from the factory for maintained position (i.e. when the handle is moved to the forward or reverse position, it will remain there until moved) operation and can be easily converted with no additional parts needed to provide “spring return to off” operation.
· One piece die cast handle standard on NEMA Type 1 and Type 4 devices
· Ball and shaft type handle optional
· Fluted type handle optional
Wide range of enclosures available:
· NEMA Type 1 General Purpose
· NEMA Type 3R Rainproof Outdoor
· NEMA Type 4 Water tight and Dust tight
· NEMA Type 13 Oil tight for flush mounting
Overload and low voltage protection are not incorporated in these reversing drum switches. Should the power fail, the contacts will remain closed, unless assembled for momentary operation, and the handle stays in the selected position. The motor will restart when the power returns.
Meets UL and CSA requirements