Core Technologies Director
Beschreibung der Position
The primary responsibility for the Core Technologies Director is to provide technical leadership, governance, strategy, plant support, technical employee development and overall advanced manufacturing direction for GSC NAM. This position will provide daily interaction, communication and collaboration with LOB, Purchasing, Engineering and all NAM GSC plants providing support, challenge and prioritization of resources, capital and projects.
This position will have extensive experience and knowledge of tooling for stamping, castings and Plastics, powder metallurgy, packaging, metal finishing, sheet metal, manufacturing equipment and processes, including electronics, software, product testing, power distribution, drives and other industry automation including advanced robotics, IoT connectivity, and Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality technologies. This manager will support North American plants, align with the global SC Deployment team, and report to the Vice President of Supply Chain Deployment.
- Work with Purchasing in prioritizing and resourcing priorities to drive:
- Supplier Technical Development
- Supplier emergency exits and tool transfers
- Continuous Improvement and productivity support
- Tooling Maintenance and RTS support/troubleshooting of tools in the supply base
- Plastics, rubber
- Support the selection of suppliers for raw materials, establishing SPC parameters and monitoring key metrics to assure internal and external processes meet and/or exceed minimum product performance specification, establishing continuous improvement programs to minimize cost and increase efficiencies. Assist in the selection and development of plant location metal finishing personnel and provide technical expertise for all paint, plating and epoxy coating processes.
- Assist and Lead as needed in technical assessment and qualification of all outsourced contractors and suppliers.
- Work with purchasing for advanced sourcing and supplier development
- Work with Purchasing to deliver tooling technical information for part quoting.
- Improve and move Schneider owner tooling in the external supply base from a “reactive to a proactive” state utilizing our Avantis solution. Continue deployment of Avantis tooling software in NAM.
- Drive Capital replacement for NAM tooling (~$5M) year over year. Deliver tools that meet quality and visual criteria for plants. Close capital projects <12 months from approval through part qualification.
- Create and drive Advanced Manufacturing strategy while supporting our NAM Industrial Strategy.
- Support and aid in deployment of Smart Factory hardware and software solutions to NAM plants.
- Improve capacity constraints in ETO and other plants with Sheet Metal capacity support, paint systems and OEE projects.
- Contact/Tips manufacture knowledge and process ownership.
- Drive and improve Packaging solutions for NAM to reduce DCR and customer claims.
- Leadership of Weld/Braze and attachment technical direction for NAM.
- Leadership of Rheology in NAM for NPD and replacement plastic parts.
- Provide direction and strategy for ETO wiring process expert for NAM.
- Work with Purchasing and the plants to continuously improve processes and projects that prevents loss of Metal Finishing production due to lack of proper materials, equipment breakdowns or process adherence.
- Provide leadership direction and guidance in establishing and implementing plans, policies and procedures for safe and efficient management of Metal Finishing operations.
- Conduct periodic assessments of plant operations to evaluate the effectiveness of programs, recommend improvements.
- Manage the RTS support of test equipment throughout NA to ensure prompt response for down situations.
- Provide direction on PCBA’s manufacturing, manufacturing capital and process expertise.
- Develop, execute, and maintain obsolescence plans for Test equipment in NA to mitigate risk of extended downtime.
- Provide direction on Digital imaging, laser part scanning and Computed Tomography.
- Determine direction on 3D Printing of parts for prototyping and future production determination.
- Support NA plant automation requests (Robots, Cobots, AGV’s, etc) as needed to provide productivity support.
- Work collaboratively with LOB Engineering to ensure part drawings and 3D CAD models are updated and available for Tooling projects.
- Support NA plant Smart Factory needs, including the promotion of advanced technologies such as Advanced Robotics, IoT Connectivity, and Virtual Reality.
- Hire, coach, and develop resources to fill this need.
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineer Electrical Engineering
- MBA or Master of Science in Engineering related fields a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt desirable along with SPS Lean Skills or equivalent
- 10 or more years of experience in field of Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Process, Automation and Robotics.
- Experience and knowledge of Schneider Electric Industrial Automation offerings a plus.
- Fluent English
- Ability to travel within US, Mex and Canada