Descripción del trabajo
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an APPLICATION ENGINEER in our Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC location who will have the chance to work in a dynamic team that executes automation projects of all kinds and for several types of industries (Pulp and Paper, Oil & Gas, Mining, Chemicals, etc.).
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Designs and builds process control systems, using standard Schneider Electric (mainly Foxboro, Triconex, Modicon and Wonderware) hardware and software modules, to meet requirements of Schneider electric’s customers’ application.
- Work is not generally supervised in detail.
- Duties are assigned as objectives to be obtained and methods to follow.
- Work performed meets the specifications received.
- Ensure integrity of application designs.
- Acquires technical expertise in a broad range of Schneider Electric products: Foxboro, Triconex, Modicon and Wonderware products amongst others.
- Recommends solutions to problems encountered.
- Meets with customers to obtain necessary information and assists with writing of specifications.
- Assists with general design of process control systems and completes the design details.
- Outlines work for technicians and less standing engineers.
- Assists in evaluation of specifications for proposals.
- Designs displays and control loops following standard practices of the industry and of Schneider Electric and participates in configuration.
- Designs and codes programs and sequence logic.
- Participates in staging and reviews work for technical accuracy of less standing project team members.
- Gives technical guidance to less standing engineers and technicians.
- Travels to customer sites to assist with sales, engineering, commissioning & start-ups and solve problems.
Performs any other related duties deemed necessary by management.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- You have an Engineering Bachelor’s degree preferably Electrical or GPA;
- You have a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in distributed process control (DCS) application engineering or programmable logic controller (PLC). Experience with Schneider Electric products like Foxboro, Wonderware and Modicon would be an important asset;
- You have the following skills:
- Must have experience with personal computers;
- Programming experience is desirable;
- For chemical engineers, training and / or experience with systems or software engineering is desirable;
- For electrical or computer engineers, training and / or experience with process engineering is desirable;
- Must have good organizational and communication skills.
- You speak and write French with ease.
- Speaking and Writing English is an asset.
- Canadian citizenship is required for this role.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/ca/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.