Cleantech EMEA, Client Development Manager F/H
Descripción del trabajo
Preferred location Paris area (other locations possible)
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate and power their operations. We are committed to helping our customers use energy more efficiently and find solutions to provide cleaner energy and help them to meet their ambitious sustainability goals. Help us deliver these solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
The Cleantech Client Development Manager joins a global team of experienced professionals in advising and supporting the world’s largest companies in the area of Power Purchase Agreements and Environmental Commodity procurement. This role will involve identifying, pursuing, qualifying, and winning new industrial and commercial clients headquartered throughout Europe with a multi-national or global presence.
- Identify prospects that match the profile of Schneider Electric's Renewable Energy and Cleantech targets and work as a true hunter, with a proven ability to generate and follow up on leads by contacting prospects and creating interest in Schneider's offerings
- Partner with relevant Schneider teams such as Sustainability Consulting, Energy Procurement, Microgrid, Efficiency and others to create and present bespoke energy management and carbon reducing solutions.
- Communicate and interact with business decision makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements as well as market opportunities
- Lead and move prospects through the sales cycle and negotiate and close sales that vary in contract length and fee range.
- You can expect exciting, innovative, future-oriented projects will align with your professional goals to serve customers and make a significant impact on their environmental performance
- We provide the freedom to make your own decisions. Take on responsibility for the success of an international group
- Manage your work flexibly so that you still have time for family and leisure activities
- Rely on your ability to take the next step - development guaranteed!
- Work in truly international teams with colleagues from all over the world.
- Proven experience in selling in the energy industry to industrial and/or commercial clients; experience and knowledge from working within the energy / corporate sustainability space is essential
- Experience in Renewable Energy markets as well as experience in energy procurement strategy and contract execution in renewables is highly preferred.
- Experience in Corporate Sustainability / Social Responsibility strategy, reporting and communication is highly valued
- Experience in Energy Attribute Certificate (GO) and Carbon Offset markets as it applies to corporate emissions reductions applications
- Proven track record of being successful in all elements of a consultative sales role including; lead generation, persistence in follow up of leads and movement of prospects through the sales cycle, Interfacing and presenting to all management levels at global scale companies and negotiating agreements to win
- Prior experience working with complex sales cycles that can at times last 6 months or longer and experience in selling on a high hierarchy level (C Suite)
- Proven experience in the Corporate Sustainability and Environmental Commodities markets is highly preferred - including:
- Renewable energy and/or Carbon Offset project development and management
- Corporate Sustainability strategy, planning, program development and execution, public disclosure and reporting
- Presentation skills both in developing client facing materials and delivering in person and on-line presentations is highly valued
- Strong negotiation skills and interpersonal persuasiveness will be highly valued
- Strong risk assessment and mitigation skills in commodity procurement will be highly valued
- Organizational skills with experience managing data will be highly valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position. If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.