Field Service Technician – Critical Power
Descripción del trabajo
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure and Industries. We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
About Field Services
Our Field Service business provides 24/7 servicing for; mining, hospitals, utilities, data centres and just about everything in-between. Our portfolio covers all of our verticals including drives, automation, LV/MV switchgear, transformers, UPS’s, computer room air-conditioning and chillers. We enable owners, end users and custodians to minimise breakdowns, increase reliability, efficiency and safety while reducing costs and simplifying operations.
About the Role
Based in Canberra, you will support our customers on a 24/7 rotating shift roster, by providing maintenance and installation services for our complete range of UPS and LV/MV installed assets and associated components / systems. In order to meet the service provision levels of our clients in the ACT, this role will provide you with a flexible work life balance as you will be working a rotating roster which will include both day and night shifts on a 4 days on – 4 days off basis. In return, you will receive a competitive base salary, penalty rates for shift work, tool of trade vehicle, flexibility, and career advancement opportunities.
Specific responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Completing preventative and unscheduled maintenance
- Installation, commissioning, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of LV/MV switchgear and protection systems with relay testing highly advantageous
- Installation, commissioning, maintenance and retrofits of LV circuit breakers as well as control and monitoring products
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance of power transformers, UPS systems and VSD’s advantageous
- Workshop testing and repair of LV/MV equipment and damaged components
- Inspecting project installations prior to commissioning and commissioning of equipment
- Attending service callouts, completion of repairs and resolution of issues
- Highly developed technical problem-solving skills and a passionate customer centric approach
- Providing technical information and assistance on the range of Schneider Electric equipment
- Building strong relationships with customers and service partners
- Flexible and adaptable in your approach to work, whilst maintaining the highest standards of workplace health and safety and customer satisfaction
- Required skills and attributes will include the following:
- Electrical trade qualified, current electrical license and a construction industry White Card
- Experience in the installation, commissioning and maintenance LV & HV power products (switchboards, circuit breakers, protection relays, CT’s, VT’s and power transformers)
- Strong working knowledge of Australian electrical standards as well as highly conversant with HSE practices and legislation
- Highly driven and confident, you work well autonomously or as a member of a team
- You prioritise your work and follow through to completion, achieving results motivates you
- Possession of a NV1 security clearance (or ability to obtain)
Relocate to ACT or Drive In/Drive Out?
At Schneider Electric, service provision is key to our success. We currently provide support to a varying client base in the ACT on a 24/7 basis. This role will require you to work a rotating roster which will include both day and night shifts on a 4 days on – 4 days off basis, which will provide you with a great lifestyle in our nations capital.
Schneider Electric will contribute toward relocation expenses or rental assistance for those that are willing to relocate to the ACT. Travel re-imbursement for employees that reside outside of the ACT that wish to commute for work is also available. We also offer a competitive base salary in line with your skills and experience, penalty rates for shift work, tool of trade vehicle, flexibility and career advancement opportunities.
If these things resonate with you, we want to talk to you.
At Schneider Electric your career will be meaningful, inclusive and you will be empowered. We expect that our employees put customers first, embrace different and act like owners. Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams and to use their judgement to deliver results. We’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.