Descripción del trabajo
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Financial Analyst in our Franklin, TN or Schaumburg, IL locations.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of accounting systems, policies and procedures. Maintain accounting practices that comply with the most recent standards. Provide sufficient analysis of business procedures and meaningful conclusions for accounts.
- Participate in monthly, mid-year and annual closing process by performing monthly variance analysis for balance sheet and income statement, liaising with the controlling teams to develop accurate commentary of business factors and trends. Prepare business performance analysis and narratives (monthly financial results vs. Forecast/Target or Historical), looking for risks and opportunities.
- Source information and memorandums from business Finance for significant matters. Perform accounting research to supplement with technical references and articulate why certain accounting standards were used in place of others.
- Interact effectively with external auditors to ensure that all audits are completed in a timely manner. This includes scheduling the external audits, reviewing requests for information, preparing reports and optimizing the collection of data.
- Maintain accounting practices that comply with the most recent international financial reporting standards.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting procedures, including review of important developments with other functions that need the information, and identifying reports and financial statements that may reflect old standards.
- Participate in balance sheet reviews, process standardization for key reserves and centralized governance of balance sheet metrics for enhanced compliance and quality.
- Provide sufficient analysis of account activity for specifically assigned balance sheet accounts and reconcile any discrepancies. Prepare monthly recurring and ad-hoc journal entries.
- Coordinate assessment of KICs (Key Internal Controls) and assist with changes toward simplification and effectiveness.
- Support special projects and ad hoc reporting needs. Engage in System upgrade testing and implementation.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Finance.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting & accounting research, and internal controls, with a focus on the areas of revenue and cost accounting. Strong technical skills and proficient in the use of Excel, SQL, Oracle or other ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, as well as statistical tools.
- 1-3 years of experience, including public accounting and previous experience engaging in public company reporting under IFRS or US GAAP.
- High reading and interpretation skills as well as the ability to quickly consider complex problems that may touch on financial matters, legal matters and business matters all at once. Confidence in reviewing information pertaining to company obligations and legal contracts.
- This role interacts with the business unit finance and should be passionate about developing new relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with different divisions to obtain information, meet deadlines and deliver quality work.
Work in a team setting to deliver work and be comfortable discussing accounting practices and offering guidance and recommendations. An individual interested in this position should be able to communicate in a clear, precise manner on accounting topics to promote the use of new accounting practices and procedures.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401K plus match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.