Legal Counsel, Regional Corporate Governance Director
Descripción del trabajo
Great People make Schneider Electric a great company.
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose and that continuously creates an inclusive environment where you are empowered to do your best and be innovative?
The Role: Legal Counsel, Regional Corporate Governance Director
We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to provide corporate governance and legal support to the Schneider Electric Group entities in APAC. As a member of Schneider Electric’s Global Legal Team, you will join a talented and collaborative group of in-house lawyers and other legal professionals. This individual will also act as the Regional Corporate Governance Director for the APAC zone.
What will you do?
- Responsible for all aspects of Schneider Electric’s corporate governance in APAC.
- Oversee and manage the regional relationship with Citco, Schneider Electric’s outside corporate governance service provider, including budget/associated spend.
- Draft corporate governance documentation and coordinate execution of key corporate governance documents with senior management.
- Ensure all Schneider Electric entities in APAC comply with applicable regulatory and statutory requirements, as well as all internal Schneider Electric policies and procedures, and confirm that all corporate books and records are maintained and accurate.
- Advise on general corporate law matters including capital restructurings, asset transfers, shareholder distributions, and implement the necessary corporate transactional steps
- Support Schneider Electric’s M&A and Innovation Teams with acquisitions, divestitures, minority equity investments, entity creation, due diligence, antitrust filing information, and the integration of acquired companies which may have an impact in APAC.
- Provide support, as required, to other members of Schneider Electric’s Global Legal Team on commercial opportunities, regulatory issues, strategic projects, and other department operational initiatives.
- Cultivate strong partnerships with Finance, Tax, Treasury, Safety/Environmental & Real Estate, and other business stakeholders in support of cross-functional, strategic priorities.
- Liaise with regulators and external auditors as needed.
- Provide training on relevant topics to colleagues and assist with creating new templates, policies and procedures.
- Maintain the APAC corporate governance library and relevant portions of the Global Corporate Governance Team internal site
- Populate, and keep the global subsidiary management database, DiliTrust Governance, current for the APAC zone and prepare database reports as requested.
- Oversee and manage relationships with outside counsel, including budget/associated spend
- Perform other related duties and ad hoc projects as required.
Who would be successful?
- Minimum 2 years of relevant post qualification experience in corporate governance/corporate law with an in-house legal team or law firm.
- Must have strong drafting, project management, advisory, analytical, writing, and communication skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work within the organizational structure of Schneider Electric and interact at various organizational levels.
- Proven ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team.
- Capable of prioritizing assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Place an importance on workplace integrity, sound business judgement, credibility, and professional ethics.
- Must be able to proficiently communicate in English, including speaking, reading, and understanding English.
- Proficiency and high aptitude with computer skills, such as the Microsoft Office suite of software, Microsoft Teams, Adobe, and DiliTrust Governance or a similar subsidiary management database.
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in other countries and on occasion accommodate calls and deadlines aligned to their time zones.
What’s in it for me?
- Global family leave
- Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Blue sky Friday
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
- On-site gym
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
Video Link: https://youtu.be/J0cFSdFpI24
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.