Descripción del trabajo
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtExntUe89c
We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team at ASCO Power Technologies as a Service Engineer that will be working in the Ireland based in our costumer’s sites around the Dublin area.
ASCO (Automatic Switch Company) Power Technologies, a business unit of Schneider Electric that manufactures and sells transfer switches, power control systems, surge protection devices, load banks and industrial control products for business-critical continuity.
ASCO also includes a Services branch, providing maintenance programs, modifications, upgrades, and emergency repairs.
To work as a member of a Project / Commissioning / Service team which has the responsibility for Installing, Commissioning & Maintaining the company’s portfolio of products (For example, but not limited to, Automatic Transfer Switches, Power Control, Monitoring/SCADA Systems and Load Bank Systems). Will be self-motivated and work successfully in a challenging engineering environment. A committed result driven individual with a focused approach to help meet and exceed service targets. The Engineer may be required to travel to international destinations on a semi-frequent basis. This role will be reporting to the Service Manager UK & Ireland.
Your main responsibilities:
- Project Delivery
- Commissioning & Start-up of all ASCO Projects
- Preventive Maintenance.
- Break Down Service.
- 4-Hour Callout Standby on a Rota basis ( 1 week on, 1 week off)
- Customer Training
- Compose and type letters to various contacts.
- Produce risk assessments and method statements as required.
- Produce reports as requested within an agreed time frame.
- Other relevant duties as delegated by your manager.
- Must have a key focus on existing network of clients and contacts.
- Responsible for establishing a productive relationship with clients and site engineers, resulting in our services being continually supported.
- Responsibility for developing new business throughout the region by seeing opportunities and generating leads that will increase sales of service products.
- Ensure that any activity, task and responsibility required by role in terms of the International Trade Compliance Regulations is managed and performed in full compliance with the Company’s ITC certification program itself.
- Suitable experience as a Service Engineer and you must be a qualified Electrical Engineer.
- You must have experience with HV/MV, Switchgear products.
- Experience on SCADA & PLC Equipment is preferable but not mandatory.
- Well organized and able to work under pressure
- Good appearance and dress code at all times.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office package including Outlook)
- Able to coordinate and run projects
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter, ability to effective plan, organizes, and manages time effectively
- Clean valid driving license
- Must be in possession of valid travel documents with no restrictions for travelling between the UK and EU countries.
- Must be willing to travel locally and to international destinations occasionally (less than 5% of your time travelling outside of Ireland)
- Must be flexible and have a strong willingness to work overtime, particularly at weekends.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and energetic approach, with the ability to persuade and educate clients in the company’s products and services.
What we offer:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance.
A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams
A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.