Field Service Engineer
Descripción del trabajo
Become a member of the technical team of PA Process Analyzers as a Field Service Engineer (FSE) reporting directly to Sales and Service Manager, located in Houston, Texas. You will work directly with the manufacturing test and engineering support team developing your specific knowledge and skills related to our products. Our Process Analyzers are a process analyzer division of Schneider Electric, dedicated to delivering process analytical solutions to the leading companies of the world in the refining, petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical and steel industries. Our products are the FXI process GC, MGA process mass spec, ANALECT FTIR, PIONIR NIR, ACA HF Analyzer and RPM Raman. These positions are strategically located in customer critical regions around the world. The focus of this position will be our Mass Spec line, the MGA 1200 and our FXI Process GC but not limited to these lines.
This Field Service Engineer position requires extensive travel, up to 75% and exceptional time management skills. The position is highly visible and offers a significant opportunity for customer recognition.
The key attributes need to be: Client Satisfaction, think like an owner and always use the highest level of ethics. We expect our team to continue to learn everyday and to work closely with the Factory, R&D and sales teams.
The candidate will perform billable service, installation, warranty and contract maintenance work in support of all product lines. Initially, this position will be focused on supporting products in a specific region. The product base in a region will continue to grow as joint marketing efforts with Schneider Electric leads to new installations. This position requires a high level of proficiency in troubleshooting problems with electronic circuitry, hardware (wiring, sampling components) and set up of process operating software.
Service efforts will be performed at the processing plants and the research and engineering centers of the refining, petrochemical, chemical, iron/steel and bio-pharmaceutical industries in the territory. Close collaboration with technical personnel at our corporate office in support of our customers is necessary. The FSE is also required to ensure that the Process Analyzer Solutions are fully accepted by our customers.
Other duties include:
- Directly handle field service calls from customers and schedule work that meets customer requirements. The candidate is expected to be responsive and cost effective in travel.
- Create and re-new Customer First Agreements (CFA) with the clients to keep the installed base running well.
- Look for opportunities to sell more Schneider Electric at each client site.
- Provide weekly schedules to management and monthly revenue forecasts. Some statistical reporting for monitoring performance will be required.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by promptly addressing equipment concerns.
- Complete timely and accurate Field Service Reports for submission to Field Service Management and the factory.
- Manage field inventory and provide quarterly audit counts.
- Actively participate in product training programs.
- Associates degree from a two-year college in Electronics; Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a 4-year college or university is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of analytical service experience. A background with on-line process analyzers such as Mass Spec, Process GC and or spectroscopy is required.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean Enterprise, ISO 9001 and other quality programs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of working hazardous area requirements would be an advantage.
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Proficiency with process analyzer automation and operating software is desirable.
- Knowledge of flow systems and sample systems is required.
- Candidate should be knowledgeable in the use of tools such as digital volt meters and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to be an effective and persuasive communicator both verbally and in writing is required. Excellent customer satisfaction and personal relationships are required. At all times, the FSE must present and conduct themselves in a manner that meets the professional standards and image of Schneider Electric.
- First-hand knowledge of the customer base in the region is highly desirable.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to read engineering drawings is necessary.