Plant Procurement Manager
Descripción del trabajo
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
We have an exciting opportunity for a procurement specialist based out of our manufacturing facility at Gepps Cross, Adelaide. This role will be hands-on and will be the local, single point of contact regarding the management of very high mix low volume parts with an approximate spend of $16M, covering 35 categories, 235 suppliers and 4000 part numbers. In addition to ensuring the smooth running of operations including; secure supply, pricing, payment, RFQ....etc, this role will support several ongoing critical projects for 2021.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build strong rapport and collaboration with key stakeholders (internal, external, local and overseas)
- Propose solutions and work with suppliers that are geographically diverse including; China, India, EAJP and Europe
- Through strategic negotiation, outsourcing, change of supplier and QVE, deliver ongoing productivity gains
- Through focused KPI’s, maintain close control of productivity and payment, effectively closing gaps
This role will require the following key attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering.
- A solid track record in procurement, with experience in plastic and metal commodities
- Proven track record in supplier negotiation
- Experience in proposing continuous improvements to drive technical productivity
- Technical experience in fabricated parts manufacture i.e. material, secondary processes and cost
- Experience in estimation to understand and challenge the cost breakdowns
- Sound influencing skills to drive changes and results with a range of stakeholders
At Schneider Electric your career will be meaningful, inclusive and you will be empowered. We expect that our employees put customers first, embrace different and act like owners. Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams and to use their judgement to deliver results. We’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.