Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Product Test Engineer in our Franklin, TN location.
The individual will be responsible for all aspects of production test equipment - specification, development and deployment in order to achieve performance and quality goals defined by the project development team and within project cost targets.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Ensure testable product designs (DFM, DFA, DFT) through early involvement in the product development process
- Develop product test and equipment specifications
- Develop equipment qualification plans
- Prepare and manage detailed task driven schedule for equipment development
- Estimate resources and expenses for test equipment development
- Create, maintain and keep current all technical documentation
- Actively participate in solving of manufacturing / quality issues
- Stay current on developing trends in industry regarding processes, methods, and competencies
- Support existing automated equipment/machine designs and production issues
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechatronic or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- 5+ years’ experience developing product test equipment
- Ability to understand and develop test strategies for electrical and electronic products designed for use in industrial controls and distribution equipment.
- Electronic circuit knowledge: digital, analog, power and high voltage
- Experience using measurement, metrology and wave capture equipment
- General understanding of system design software (LabVIEW, TestStand, C++, etc)
- Experience with electrical and pneumatic systems
- Exposure to various test equipment architectures (VXI, PXI, Rack and Stack, etc)
- Experience in developing systems for manufacturing
- Basic understanding of UL61010-1 Standard, NFPA 79, National Electric Code and OSHA NRTL certification as it pertains to manufacturing test systems design
- Prior schematic capture/PCB generation experience in CAD software
- In-circuit test experience with Teradyne or Agilent platforms
- Understanding and experience with Testway software
- Experience with PLC programming, configuring and designing HMI and integrating into MIS
- Knowledge of communication protocols (Modbus, Modbus TCP, CAN, Profibus, etc)
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.