Descripción del trabajo
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Schneider Electric has an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our team in Ireland as a Project Manager to manage executions of customer projects as part of a wider project team in Ireland whilst following applicable company policies and processes both on and off the job site.
In this position the successful candidate will be supporting a mix of Edge and Medium scale, high complexity Customer Projects. This includes being involved from the initiation of the project, the designing, planning and installation, till the commissioning of customer’s projects.
- Ensure full customer satisfaction, safety compliance and financial performance on the Projects
- Manage the relationship with our customers and third parties within project scope and be accountable for the execution of the project in line with the contract & specifications
- Confirm customer requirements, which includes drawings, specifications, job site requirements, bill of material alignment with specifications & clarify exceptions
- Support the wider project team to manage, complete job process from order preparation, through manufacturing release, site installation, commissioning and start-up & customer handover utilizing a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use
- Support Technical and pre-sales prescription teams, compares/differentiates/propose alternate products with additional customer value compared to competition
- Take ownership for validating the project’s statement of work and contract terms with the customer, including both technical and commercial elements
- Monitor and control the performance of the customer’s project through its lifecycle. Key activities include: Task completion verification, Project Status monitoring, Product/ technical issue resolution
- Become the first point of contact for customers and internal teams on technical queries and discussions by supporting the project team with attendance of regular site meetings and leading technical communications to all parties and exchanging of technical requirements with external 3rd parties
- Support site installation teams with technical guidance during installation, commissioning project phases
- Review drawing, specification compliance & makes recommendations to improve technical compliance & or reduce technical exposure.
- Support the development of project schedule & technical risk management plans
- Lead direct engagement with the internal manufacturing facilities and Internal 3rd party vendors.
- Perform concept and detailed design supporting equipment interfacing (power, comms, cooling)
- Develop procedures for FAT, SAT, site Logistics aligned with external 3rd parties and customer requirements.
- Coordinate and schedule subcontractor and internal teams during site works activity
- Qualified to degree level in relevant discipline (Engineering and/or Business) or equivalent experience
- Be able to demonstrate related work experience and a strong track record in project management practices within Construction or Engineering fields with special attention to multi activity projects (Electrical Distribution MV, LV, cooling, UPS)
- Be able to build a good customer relationship, and a strong collaboration with sales team for change order management team
- Experienced user of project management software tools (MS Excel, MS Project)
- The ability to own and follow through on commitments to completion
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must, another language would be valuable
- Hold a valid driving licence
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent certification
- Strong working knowledge UPS systems, IT racks, Aisle Containment & Datacentre architectures would be desirable
- Experience in Data Centre Sector (not essential)
Our offer to you:
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.