Protection Control & Automation Application Engineer
Descripción del trabajo
The Protection, Controls & Automation (PCA) team of Digital Power is the engineering
unit of Schneider Electric specialized in developing solutions for control and protection for electrical substations, distribution networks, microgrids, smart grids and renewable generation.
The PCA team is requiring an engineer with experience in design, configuration, testing and commissioning of electrical protection & controls systems.
The professional we are looking for has extensive experience in both power systems protection and control, including Low Voltage, Medium Voltage and High Voltage substations, Generation plants, Motor Control Centers. He/She needs to have hands-on experience in electrical protection, protection relays-based and PLC-based controls system, SCADA/HMI systems, substation communications, IT and Cybersecurity related to protection devices.
The following are typical tasks that need to be executed. It is expected that candidates have specific experience in most of them and previous exposure in all of them:
- Preparation of functional specification, HMI specification documents, communication architectures, I/O lists (HW/Soft), protection philosophy manuals and application notes
- Integration of intelligent protection relays in automation architectures.
- Design & Review schematics of protection and control panels
- Configuration of protection relays, PLC, HMI and other intelligent electronic devices.
- Programming automation devices such as protection relays AND programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Configuring protection settings in protection relays from Short Circuit & Arc Flash studies
- Configuring CID & SCD files (IEC61850)
- Preparation and implementation of factory acceptance and commissioning.
- Site Acceptance testing and Commissioning.
- Planning and implementation of training courses and presentations for internal and external customers.
- Technical presentations to customers
- Professional Electrical Engineer form a recognized University.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of protection & controls systems.
- Experience in implementing (power) protection and control projects for O&G, utilities or electro-intensive industries in USA,
- Ability to work in a highly demanding environment under pressure.
- Proven experience with all three of the following communication protocols: IEC61850, DNP 3.0, Modbus, IEC61870-5-103.
- Experience with protection & control equipment and solutions preferably from Schneider, Alstom, SEL, GE, ABB and Siemens
- Excellent English language skills both written and spoken.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time inside and outside the country.
- Ability to supervise and coach less experienced engineers and technicians.