Software Development Engineer
Descripción del trabajo
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic and responsible company that nurtures the development of all its people around the world. Every day we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unrivaled positions make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
What do you get to do in this position?
- She/he will design, develop, and sustain Triconex software products.
- Build the safety math calculations and will develop and maintain math library for establishing process safety limits
- You will build high-value solutions for critical control and safety applications, in a multi-site, cross-platform development environment.
- She/he will provide solutions to technical issues, ensuring the delivered solutions meet the technical specifications and design requirements.
- She/he will perform work in all phases of software product development life-cycle, including requirements, architecture, design, implementation and verification.
- She/he will come up with innovative ideas to improve software products and the software development process.
- He/She will be responsible for meeting development schedule and cost commitments.
- She/he will provide technical support to development work performed by third-party service providers or outsource partners. 40 hours per week..
This job might be for you if:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and a minor in Mathematics or Computational science
- Computer Engineering and 7-10 years of work experience in software development in Microsoft applications
- Strong mathematical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of network communication protocols,knowledge of network security protocols is a big plus
- Good knowledge and experience with the following programming languages: C/C++ and Python
- Also must have work experience with: developing GUI and non-GUI software applications using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Writing Software Requirements Specifications and Software Design Specifications;
- Utilizing agile technology for the purpose of incremental delivery of project features and enable continuous integration, including automated unit testing for improving code quality and meet project deadlines;
- Designing, coding, and advanced debugging using C++, C#, Python, Microsoft Visual Studio, UML design and architecture schematics;
- Multi-treading for advanced control of PLC;
- The candidate has to demonstrate solid knowledge of SDL tools and enforcement of software security through solid design patterns.
- The candidate needs to have expirience developing and complying with IEC 61511
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.