Digital Services Business Development Manager - West Coast
Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The ideal candidate for this position will be based in one of the following states: CA, OR, WA, AZ, CO, NV.
What do you get to do in this position?
The position of Business Development Specialist is a technical solution sales position that promotes the sales of Ecostruxure Asset Advisor suite of cyber secure Digital Services . In this position, the primary role is to create offer demand by meeting with end users in key customer verticals such Data Center, Healthcare, Higher Education and industrial markets. This position will be expected to leverage the US Services Sales Engineers along with SE Cross Business Unit sales personnel to develop new customer opportunities. The BDM must also engage with the US Services Channel team to leverage the SE Distribution network.
The position requires strong talents in both the sales development and technical skill sets. It is very beneficial to be accomplished at demand creation, i.e develop projects and strategies without the use of bids by going to the client base and assist with developing an Electrical Distribution Asset Management strategy leveraging IIOT.
The Digital Services BDM must be a consultative in their approach to selling by:
- Understanding the customer environment, by investigating on the customer industry and market;
- Knowledge of the customers’ business model, their assets life cycle and their pain points, by asking prepared questions and deploying a real active listening during customers visits/discussions. Identify customers undiscovered needs is part of this research.
- Proposing end-to-end solving solutions, embracing all customers’ needs.
- Educating customers on pricing and application advantages/benefits, and how they meet the customer's needs. The Digital Services BDM must be able to explain the customer the unique value proposition of Services digital offers.
- Promote and sell digital services offers to customers.
- Investigate on customer market/segment, to prepare an end-to-end approach
- Establish a strong and trusted relationship with the customer and is accountable for customer experience journey
- Determine the customers value proposition based on customer needs/business and proactively develops solutions
- Prepare sales quotations with support of Digital Asset Management teams to be able to propose and demonstrates the solutions/benefits approach to the customer (unique value proposition)
- Engage with Segment team including Key Account Managers, Strategic Account Executives to build focused approach by customer segment
- Mentor, coach and guide sales employees to increase their consultative selling skills and generate pull-through
- Develop the 30/60/90-day action plan along with a long-range market strategy for growth of the offers, market share capture, competitive positions and define the target customers and segments with the highest growth potential
- Review training materials for the SE sales force to ensure adequate knowledge of the offers to be able to generate opportunities
- Manage the bFO pipeline and develop a bFO dashboard to monitor and track activities.
- Identify the key competitors and study their offers to leverage this knowledge to better position SE with a differentiated offer for both LV and MV solutions
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and 5+ years technical or digital sales experience
- Ability to build a sustainable and reliable relationship with the customer. The concept of Customer Intimacy is critical for Digital Field Service sales representatives
- Customer and market intelligence skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ERP/CRM related tools.
- Strong knowledge in IoT business – knowledge in IT architecture could be a plus
- Cybersecurity knowledge
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.