Firmware, Senior Designer
Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
What do you get to do in this position?
As a software architect and part of the software development team at Schneider Electric in Montreal the candidate is responsible for all aspects of the software development. In this highly influential role, the candidate will play an important role in driving and applying modern principles of software engineering, agile methodologies and cyber security. The candidate will design software architectures, help in the development stages, review tests plans (CI/CD) and document software according to the product management specifications.
Working closely with the software designers, hardware designer, verification & validation specialists, technical writers, product owners and offer managers, the duties will consist but not limited to the following:
• Own core Linux environment including boot loader, HW support packages and tools;• Expand, evolve and optimize Vertical’s Linux based embedded architecture;• Evangelize Linux, embedded platform, frameworks and tools within the product engineering organization and mentor other engineers to better utilize OS and embedded capabilities.• Work with a group of talented engineers to design and develop firmware, drivers, diagnostics tools and new services to support core current and future system needs;• Investigate new technologies, frameworks and help with architecture, design and implementation of product enhancements to support Hotel and Midmarket solutions offering• Understand and clarify product requirements;• Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders;• Design, develop, test and maintain software architectures;• Review designs, code and test plans;• Document the designs, implementations and test results;• Produce high quality and highly secure software architectures (static analysis, dynamic analysis) according to specifications;• Analyze, plan and estimate efforts then commit and deliver accordingly;
This job might be for you if you are/have:
• Graduate diploma in computer science, software engineering or equivalent (ex: EE);
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
• Solid experience in Embedded or Real-time Development on Linux platform (kernel and user space);
• Solid experience in Embedded Software Development in C and C++;
• Solid experience with GCC toolschain as well as IAR or Keil tools;
• Solid scripting skills in Python;
• Experience in Linux build systems (Yocto or Buildroot or OpenWRT);
• Experience with Qt framework;
• Experience with product and solution cyber security (HW/SW);
• Experience in continuous integration;
• Experience in Multi-Threaded/Multi-Process applications and distributed solutions;
• Experience analytical skills using standard methodologies (ex: Six Sigma);
• Experience in debugging software and hardware as well as complex wired/wireless solutions;
• Comfortable using lab tools such as (Scope, Multimeter, Digital analyzers…) for testing and analysis;
• Bilingual (French / English);
• Leadership and ownership;• Proactive and independent with no supervision required;• Creative designer and problem solver;• Results oriented, achiever with good planning and organizational skills;• Positive attitude;• Dependable, responsible and committed to success;• Collaborative working style, open minded and flexible team-player;• Fast learner and comfortable working with existing code;• Curious and passionate about software development;• Understand business values and does no reinvent the wheel;• Good communication skills;
• Comfortable with agile methodologies (Scrum and SAFe);• Experience in object-oriented design using industry standard tools (UML, MBSE);• Experience in Embedded Software Development in C++/C#;• Some experience with the Qt framework;• Scripting skills in Bash and Lua;• Experience with VMware or VirtualBox;• Experience in HVAC and building automation;• Good understanding of industry protocols as BACnet, Modbus, DALI/KNX… etc.• Experience with product design from scratch to production line;• Good knowledge and experience with GIT source control workflow;• Experience with Atlassian Jira, Stash, Bamboo, Jenkins;• Interest in emerging technologies;
• Deliver quality products software architecture according to the specifications on time;• Clarify ambiguous product requirements;• Document the design;• Shared knowledge with others;• Collaborate with team members;• Timely response to urgent inquiries;
• Compensation: Base + Bonus + Insurance benefits + Company pension plan
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.