Manufacturing Engineer (Recent Graduate Start Spring 2021)
Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Recent Graduate as a Manufacturing Engineer in our Greensboro, NC location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
- Performs a variety of engineering work which are be related to safety, process, and system improvements, and develop/maintain applications.
- Work on daily and long-term continuous improvement projects using manufacturing, quality, and Schneider Production System (SPS) tools to resolve issues.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
- Supports new product development projects, determines cost estimates, design concepts and engineering criteria along with conceptual process layouts for given project.
- Supports process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance along with development of Capital expenditure proposals.
- Develops process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solutions.
- Serves manufacturing operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement, and leading projects to completion.
- Develop new applications and maintain existing applications for operations team.
- Lead kaizens and continuous improvement projects in a manufacturing environment
- Lead cybersecurity awareness within the facility
- Lead data analysis using and developing databases
- Implement Smart Factory solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of Engineering, IE, ME, EE, CE
- Knowledge in SQL databases, PLCs, web-based applications
- Experience in automation
- Good communication skills
- Relevant experience preferred 1-2 years
- Some travel required (5%)