Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Schneider Electric takes safety and sustainability very seriously. We set aggressive goals in reducing injuries, waste to landfills, and energy consumption. We work with different local and international organizations and associations on economic, social and environmental issues to foster sustainable development in cooperation with various players from society. Schneider Electric confirms its commitment and participation in discussions on challenges related to climate change. The successful candidate will promote the importance of a strong safety and environmental culture by providing training and establishing/directing programs.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Assures the facility is in compliance with safety and environmental programs, regulations and company policy.
- Performing job hazard analysis to identify loss potential of our systems and processes and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Review location standards, policies and practices as necessary to assure they are current and in concert with company and / or regulatory requirements. Work with Safety Manager to revise as necessary.
- Train associates, supervisors and other employees in the areas of general safety and environmental awareness, specific program requirements and specific job requirements. Work with Safety Manager to create training programs.
- Maintaining required records, preparing reports and files as necessary to meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct warehouse safety and environmental inspections.
- Organize and coordinate emergency response.
- Conduct ergonomics assessments and implement solutions.
- Organize and lead the safety committee.
- Lead job safety analysis and hazard assessment.
- Coordinate accident investigation and reporting.
- Facilitate ISO 45001 and ISO 14001.
- Promote a culture of zero incidents and strong value on our human resources.
- Complete monthly training on safety and environmental topics.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and permit requirements.
This job might be for you if:
- Self-motivated, confident professional that wants to join a team environment in a company with a strong safety and sustainable development culture.
- Embraces a culture of continuous improvement and strives to always exceed expectations. Will help drive the culture that every incident is avoidable and being proactive in detecting and eliminating risk is everyone's responsibility.
- Passionate about sustainable development and will help drive the team to continuously reduce the consumption of resources and the environmental impact of the operation.
- Embraces the role of subject matter expert / mentor to the organization and be passionate about educating the overall team on safety, health, and environmental aspects.
- Knowledge of ISO 14000 & OHSAS standards.
- Ability and willingness to train large groups of people.
- Ability to manage projects with on time delivery.
- Minor schedule flexibility (accommodate all 3 shifts from time to time).
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and PA DEP regulations.
- Accident investigation experience.
- Familiar with job safety analysis process.
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrixed organization through developing good working relationships and holding others accountable.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in safety & environmental or engineering role.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft office and general databases/web based applications.