Descripción del puesto de trabajo
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Sr Designer based out of Florham Park, NJ or Welcome, NC.
Provides assistance and supports engineering design services for assigned projects from the time it is assigned until the time it is commissioned in the field.
- Produce required documentation for fabrication purposes by researching custom specifications, industry standards and following defined manufacturing and assembly methods.
- Assists in providing engineering information by communicating questions and requests.
- Assists in resolving differences between design and fabrication requirements by making determinations such as modifying design verses sending parts back to the vendor.
- Assists in troubleshooting designs and completing projects by collaborating with Test Technicians.
- Maintains Product and company reputation by complying with applicable regulations and standards.
- Expected to work with assistance from other sources such as engineering, project management, purchasing etc…
- Evaluates assigned projects by designing and conducting research around custom specifications and applying knowledge of mechanics, stress analysis, heat transfer and materials.
- Releases projects to manufacturing by assembling bill of materials, generating mechanical assembly drawings, and fabrication detail drawings.
- Maintains drawing revisions by issuing Engineering Change Notices.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong Work Ethic: Self-motivated and dedicated to completing the task at hand regardless of setbacks
- Positive Attitude: Focuses on solutions and opportunities when confronted with difficult challenges
- Flexibility: Adapts to new situations and readily accepts new challenges when the need arises
- Stability: Remains calm under pressure
- Coachable: Open to learning new ideas and able to handle criticism
- Specific Knowledge:
- Strong spatial recognition skills
- AutoCAD, Word Processing, Spreadsheets and File Management Software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Trade School Diploma, AAS (Associate of Applied Science) or BSET (Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology)
Experience: four or more years of professional experience in OEM design activities, manufacturing support, and meeting schedules.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.