Assembly Operator, 2nd Shift
Assembler Job Description
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Assemble or fabricate mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications in a specific area of a production line in a manufacturing organization. Ability to read blueprints and other documentation to produce and assemble parts to the proper standards. Conducts 1st Piece Inspections to ensure that machines are properly configured, and the parts meet the proper requirements. Participates in continuous improvements process, recommends corrective actions and implements solutions.
- Able to perform mechanical assembly of subassemblies using hand and/or power tools.
- Final Assembly of control panels and equipment including point to point wiring from Wire Run lists and electrical schematics.
- Testing and troubleshooting of subassemblies and final assemblies.
- Responsible for ensuring that work order protocols are followed and that work order paperwork is completed as the work is performed.
- Experience with hand tools, including crimpers, drills, taps, torque wrenches, and power tools are required.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics is required.
- Able to use hand tools and assemble using visual prints
- Able to work in a standing up position.
- High School Diploma or GED a must.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good Manual dexterity
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain quality standards
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to take responsibility for quality of work performed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in the Company.
- Must have ability to analyze and solve problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire 8-hours shift
- Requires average math skills, including ability to add, subtract, multiply.