Customer Project Specialist
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
This position is accountable for managing basic Customer project orders in the Texas Sales area. This includes initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of customer projects. Individual in this position confirms customer requirements, which includes drawings, specifications, job site requirements, bill of material alignment with specifications & clarify exceptions. Manages complete job process from order preparation, through manufacturing release, product shipment, post shipment support and financial reconciliation utilizing a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use.
• Partners with Field Sales or higher level project management roles to review and validate the project’s purchase order and bill of material, including both technical and commercial elements, becomes lead contact for customer for balance of project order.
• Validates a project schedule and communicates with the customer to ensure expectations are being met. Direct engagement with the internal manufacturing facilities and third party vendors.
• Monitor the execution of the customer’s project order, verifying execution of the project through kick-off meetings, communication to all parties and exchange of technical requirements and project plan information.
• Monitor the performance of the customer’s project through its lifecycle. Key activities include task completion verification, project team monitoring, schedule reporting and issue resolution.
• Lead the closeout of the customer’s project to include financial reconciliation, verification of job site equipment arrival, installation, start-up, and training support completion through review of internal system information, contact with the customer, and coordination with support services such as field services, after-shipment support, and training functions.
• Compares/differentiates/propose alternate products with additional customer value. • Solves problems with customer interaction that results in positive feedback and improved relationship.
• Utilizes a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use and demonstrates an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, processes and terminology needed for effective project management.
This position requires a 4-year engineering degree in ME/EE/IE, or equivalent experience. Industry experience a plus. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi task, work in a fast paced environment and have time management skills. In addition, a good working knowledge of computer operating systems, specifically Windows. Standard business application software experience to include: MS Office, MS Excel and MS Access. PMP or CAPM certification a plus.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.