Systems Solution Engineer (Electro-mechanical)
Great People make Schneider Electric a great company.
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose and that continuously creates an inclusive environment where you are empowered to do your best and be innovative?
The Role: Systems Solution Engineer (Electro-Mechanical)
We are looking for an experienced Systems Solutions engineer in Singapore, part of a team of mechanical and electrical engineers providing critical facilities consulting and design for the IT, telecoms, financial services and other key industries.
What will you do?
• Liaise with customer’s project teams, consultants and internal teams to understand the project requirement/scope/needs and promote SE data center and secure power solutions to customer during prescription process.
• Development of SE systems or turn-key solution (design and build) which includes both SE’s products/systems as well as integration of 3rd party services and systems (interior fit-out works, electrical and mechanical systems, fire protection, etc.)Convert the project scope into solution to successfully meet the customer needs as well as create competitive advantage through right design and selection
• Ensure the solution is compliant to the local standards, regulation, codes and safety requirements
• Create all required documentation in terms of load/capacity calculations, design calculations, drawings, layouts, specifications, block schematics, solution presentation, solution value proposition, compliance table, etc.
• Solution design should ensure the successful project implementation and customer satisfaction
• Provide engineering support to the team during installation in terms of process, tools required, procedures, regulatory compliance, Dos and Don’ts, technical interpretations and support, and ensure quality.
• Work with the Commercial manager to provide the bid management support for solution development and bid proposal preparation.
• Work with procurement and provide the Bid Proposal and Solution framework and Identify and qualify vendors, provide first cut costing.
• Participate in customer meetings to communicate the project proposal status and any roadblocks
• Escalate any roadblocks during proposal creation to internal stakeholders. Provide regular reports on proposal status to Country Solution Manager
• Ensure the compliance to project processes, methodologies and procedures during bid approval.
Customer Care and Quality
• Ensure the successful compliance of solution to project scope by offering high quality solution
• Deliver services to achieve highest customer satisfaction during pre-sales stages
• Escalate any customer issues to Solution Manager and be responsible to ensure its closure
• Identify the improvements needed, document it and communicate to the respective owners and stake holders
• Responsible for identifying and qualifying third party service providers during project solution design
• Monitor and communicate the performance of partners
• Ensure the compliance to Schneider Electric internal processes, methodology and code of conduct by sub-contractors and partners
• Select the partners to achieve higher customer satisfaction
Training and Development
• Update and educate yourself with the current applicable technologies, tools, processes and standards
Who would be successful?
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering or relevant data center design experience
• At least 5 years in a relevant engineering capacity of which at least 3 years should be in a system integrator which has site experience in the mechanical/ Air Conditioning & Mechanical Ventilation design and electrical low voltage design for Uninterruptible Power Supply.
• Strong background and hands on experience in the data center implementations in the areas of mechanical and electrical installation, testing and commissioning.
• Knowledge and experience in ACMV design (specifically in air-cooled and water-cooled chilled water plant and/or Computer Room Airconditioning design and operation).
• Knowledge and experience with Uninterruptible Power Supplies of up to 1MW designs, including the sizing of the batteries a to calculate the number of blocks required and in choosing the proper batteries to save space and increase profitability
• Knowledge and hands on experience of the below is an advantage:
• Airside system design and installation
• Hydronic system design and installation (piping and pump system)
• Medium Voltage design and installation
• Knowledge in monitoring and control principles and application (BAS/BMS, DCIM).
• Strong communication, business management and consulting engagement skills.
• Team player and a leader, who can work effectively with customers and colleagues at all levels.
• Some business development and management skills are an advantage.
• Strong engineering & analytical skills.
• Independent and self-driven and work with minimum guidance.
What’s in it for me?
· Global family leave
· Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
· Blue sky Friday
· Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
· On-site gym
Who will you report to?
Head of Solution Engineering
This position is part of a team that is responsible for designing high quality Electrical, HVAC, Fire Protection and mechanical services for building services, critical facilities (such as Data Centers and Command Centers) to meet the customer’s project needs. This person is also responsible to ensure that the solutions offered for a given project ensures the successful project implementation, compliance to standards and achieves highest customer satisfaction.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
Video Link: https://youtu.be/J0cFSdFpI24
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.