Category Manager (R&D Engineering services)
Description de poste
This position leads the development of category strategies and plans to support the business to include supply market and industry analysis, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing, negotiations, contracting, and implementation with a focus on Supplier Diversity targets. Also includes the ongoing supplier integration/ supplier relationship management (SRM) for key suppliers within their respective category areas. This leader leads category and supplier segmentation strategies, supplier qualification and transition activities, ongoing supply base design management with a focus on supplier consolidation, and the incorporation of best in class processes and standards. This leader will provide overall Procurement and general business acumen to every conversation that he or she represents, and is responsible for critical productivity, cash flow and growth initiatives to meet the overall objectives of Schneider Electric Global Integrated Supply Chain (GSC) and Procurement with a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) focus. This role acts as an embedded member of respective functional leadership team (s), and has accountability for buying activities associated with specific categories of spend. This scope includes ongoing risk mitigation and management planning, problem solving and issue resolution, process enhancement recommendations, and adherence to all internal Schneider Electric Business Unit and Procurement policies, procedures and systems.
Provide end to end strategic sourcing support in designated categories area like Product electronics and firmware development , Product software , application and mobility development , Electrotechnics subcontracting services , Mechanical or plastic development , Automation and Systems Engineering , Engineering services ( T&M projects ) , Product Tests and Qualification , Engineering Support services, Technical / Product documentation & Start Up’s to ensure maximum efficiency and implement local & global sourcing opportunities, strategies and synergies regarding systems, processes, and category management.
Provide strategic advisory and consulting insights around best practices on R&D and Professional services requirements to the internal teams , develop and implement programs to fulfil internal requirements, manage vendor risk, performance and relationships, in addition to meeting both internal and external regulatory requirements, which will drive to obtain targeted financial benefit.
1. Strategic Sourcing and Category Planning: Owns the sourcing and contracting strategy for a specific category or categories of Indirect procurement spend including market and industry analysis, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing activities, analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementation, while also focused on delivering Schneider Electric Supplier Diversity objectives and the overall Total Cost of Ownership – Percentage of Time spent 30%
2. Business and Stakeholder Alignment: Acts as an embedded team member for respective functional leadership teams depending upon the category. Establishes ongoing communication and process to ensure high levels of stakeholder engagement, participation and satisfaction – Percentage of Time spent 20%
3. Buying/Purchasing Management and Oversight: Leads controls and drives improvement in the transactional buying processes for respective category areas in order to capitalize on opportunities, drive productivity, and deliver quality and service requirements for all business stakeholders. – Percentage of Time spent 10%
4. Supplier Integration/Supplier Relationship Management: Manages supplier relationships to encourage supplier innovation and maximize value contributions to Schneider Electric through effective sourcing and contracting processes. Responsible for leading discussions with critical suppliers around long-term objectives and strategies, ongoing market trends, innovation and technology advances, and potential investment decisions. – Percentage of Time spent 20%
5. Benchmarking: Constantly seeking out and reviewing industry and category specific best practices, processes and systems to leverage opportunities within the Schneider Electric network. – Percentage of Time spent 20%
6. Financial Planning and Reporting: Works closely with business and functional leaders to establish and manage budgets for respective category areas. Incorporates contractual commitments, and industry and supply market trends to forecast variances and productivity commitment deliverables using a TCO methodology
7. Sourcing Life cycle management : In depth understanding of the life cycle ( R1-R12 responsibility matrix )
R1 - Internal needs analysis
- Work with internal stake owners to define the needs in line with stake owners expectations.
R2 - Market analysis
- Analyze market / suppliers / technology and offer the internal stake owners the best in class products, technology, service, price etc.
R3 - Supplier’s qualification and classification.
- Introduce reputed and qualified suppliers to the company and follow company supplier classification guidelines.
- Perform supplier due diligence to evaluate the potential, local presence
R4 - Supplier’s consultation and selection.
- Following supplier selection on select criteria’s defined with the internal stake owners on their needs, expectations and in line with market evolutions.
R5 - Supply Qualification
- Work with internal stake owners to qualify supplies as per defined specifications and SLA needs.
R6 & R7 – Negotiation and contractual relationship management
-Conduct RFI/RFP/RFQ/Reverse auctions with the assistance of e-Sourcing tool- Ariba.
-Administer the competitive bidding process and facilitate pre-award and post-award activities.
- Lead the negotiations end to end with suppliers and get the best techno-commercial value for the company.
- Responsible for managing relationships with internal customers and external suppliers to ensure sourcing opportunities are fully realized.
- Negotiate and manage contract on behalf of the company as per defined process with all stake owners and legal.
- Conducts necessary cost/risk analysis in order to provide advice, data, and support for decisions to renew, renegotiate, or competitively source materials or services
- Performing Spend analysis by analyzing the Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Spend data. Identifying sourcing Opportunities such as Supplier base rationalization & Spend / Savings forecasting.
- Support the internal stake owners to deploy the contract.
R8 - Supplier Performance Management
- Lead and manage Business reviews (operational and strategic) with all key suppliers and also ensure day to day performance management of the suppliers.
- Define/manage the Supplier network, business Orientation and maintained preferred suppliers lists
- Country Supplier Mapping: identify business needs & market evolution
- Preferred Supplier Leadership: - Negotiation, Lead Business Review and supplier development program.
R9 – R12 Purchase Order Placement ………….Payment
- Work closely and support the Procurement / Finance teams on inputs/ issues related to PO placement, Invoice payment etc.
8. Other responsibilities:
- Define and track performance dashboard; accountable for the consolidated purchasing performance
- Deploying purchasing & non-purchasing levers; track and ownership of performance
- Formulate cross functional levers for Supplier performance, innovation, Service level and sustainable growth with the function governance validation.
- Share Strategy, Supplier base and best practices with Regional team.
- Meet KPI targets set by the Management namely productivity, concentration ratio , sustainable development and other targets which can evolve over time .
Knowledge of Project Management
- Sourcing, standardization, spend control and innovation with suppliers.
- Leverage cross functional expertise to implement cost model or rate card, selection guide, data standardization short list and purchasing policies
- Support other buyers in their consolidated negotiations and supplier management actions
- Manage Country cross functional team partnership with the Business Owner.
Knowledge on ERP/Sourcing tools
(What is the expected contributions of the position to the results of the organization)
Manage & Optimize spends at country level through different negotiation levers, efficient service levels and keeping compliance to internal controls. Drive productivity for the Purchase function’s efficiency contributing to Schneider’s business performance with respect to the Consistency and sustainable IP (Indirect Procurement) productivity result.
Bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering or Allied science. MBA would be added advantage